My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Red Plaid is Timeless
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished separating my 3PH and deck lift operation by adding a lift cylinder from a 345 and put it in place of the lift strap. Now I have a control for each and in a really convenient location on the fender.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

Now that the fender control operates the rockshaft, I have the old tower control available for use as an aux front or rear QD.

pic3.JPG

Thing are pretty tight and I'll need to run the tires wide with chains.

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks like a sweet mod:fing32:

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
I love it. Pretty cool mod.

·
22,347 Posts
It's a bit late now, but the older MF tractors had the valve set turned around with the levers at the front edge of the fenders giving a bit more room for the lines and no interference with tire chains.

That's more for someone contemplating this mod before they cut a hole in the fender pan.

·
Super Moderator
16,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
What to do when H3 isn't enough ;) Nicely done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
BRing back from history because of a link on Hydraulic add ons...
Do you have any pics of the added cylinder in place of the lift strap?

I was thinking of doing the same thing on my 455 and just wondering if there is enough room between the frame.

Thanks

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
SWEET! Thanks for bringing this back.

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
It's a bit late now, but the older MF tractors had the valve set turned around with the levers at the front edge of the fenders giving a bit more room for the lines and no interference with tire chains.

That's more for someone contemplating this mod before they cut a hole in the fender pan.
Never too late.Looks like a good spot for a cup holder and redo the hydro handles so you can put chains on.Nice job what size JD is that.:fing32:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts