My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,769 Posts
you a dispatcher 911? Duh how could i guess with a name like 911 radioman huh ROF

do you like it?

i did it for about a year and a half while i was going to school.. it personally, was not for me.. it would be all quiet for an hour.. then out of nowhere all **** would break loose... :fing20:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
simple_john said:
you a dispatcher 911? Duh how could i guess with a name like 911 radioman huh ROF

do you like it?

i did it for about a year and a half while i was going to school.. it personally, was not for me.. it would be all quiet for an hour.. then out of nowhere all **** would break loose... :fing20:
Yep, that's what I do. I love it. Nothing more exciting than sitting there doing nothing then having all the crap hitting the fan all at once. :D

Actually this is a compromise for me, I was a firefighter for 12 years then I blew my back out and can't do that anymore, so I wanted to stay plugged into emergency services work somehow and this worked out.

·
15,769 Posts
when i did it.. they had just established civilian dispatchers.. prior to that injured FF's would do the fire side and injured PO's would do the police side..
the town got the idea to save money and use civilians and merge the 2...

basically both depts. resented us, as we were sort of taking a job away from one of their own guys...

plus it was a smaller town.. sometimes boring and sometimes wicked crazy...

i could not get out of that job soon enough..

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
We are the primary 911 answering point for our county. We don't dispatch police, we forward those calls on. We handle dispatching for 9 volunteer fire departments, 2 paid fire departments and two ems agencies.

All of the guys I work with are either retired firefighters, or current volunteer firefighters that dispatch full time.

I find it funny that you couldn't get away from it fast enough, and here I am looking forward to going back in a few days! ROF

I guess its something that either one likes or doesn't, but hey... where else can you watch tv all night and surf MTF all night long? :D

·
15,769 Posts
911radioman said:
I guess its something that either one likes or doesn't, but hey... where else can you watch tv all night and surf MTF all night long? :D

when i did it it was pre-internet... it would probably be a lot more fun now...

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's allmost Midnight CDST and I'm wide awake!! Take your best shot ! It's all about a great family!!:bump9:

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,998 Posts
3:50 AM CDST... I am the only one here! I just got home from work, kind of a late night for me! Usually I would be home by 2:30 or so.

It is only 20 degrees! It is May 3! Snow on May 1st!

Guess were getting payback for the high 70's in early April!

Have a good day all!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
OK, So I have been gone (banned actually) for two weeks !! So what . Did the earth wobble off it's orbit or what? Hello---....!

Did All late-nighters turn into day nappers or what?:fing20: Surely there is life left on the planet MTF after the Dawn to Dusk crowed !!/Maybe not??

I started this thread for us Night Owls!! Wake-up and flex your feathers!!:trink39:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,770 Posts
Arch, what da ya mean you got banned ???, you been bad ??? ROF
Actually as far as the night owls go, I do that once in awhile, but my habit is going to the active posts link first and pulling up posts for the last 2 days, then I kinda follow them thru the night, but I don't recall this one showing up since 5/5 until you just posted a few days ago, anyway, I get to work three nights Tuesday, so I'll see ya around the board somewhere :trink39:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
Archdean said:
OK, So I have been gone (banned actually) for two weeks !! So what . Did the earth wobble off it's orbit or what? Hello---....!

Did All late-nighters turn into day nappers or what?:fing20: Surely there is life left on the planet MTF after the Dawn to Dusk crowed !!/Maybe not??

I started this thread for us Night Owls!! Wake-up and flex your feathers!!:trink39:
Some of us have been chatting on AIM..But hard to get all at some time or other..

41 - 53 of 53 Posts