My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all - I have a Yanmar GT14 diesel garden tractor that I am going to make a snow pusher out of. I bought a 42" Cub Cadet dozer blade with trip springs on it. I'll post some pics tomorrow, want to get some feedback on how the system should work.............

The blade has an A frame type mount, which then mounts to the carriage or mounting frame of the blade. It will need lengthened to match the length the Yanmar.

My main concerns are mounting the blade to the tractor and being able to use the power deck lift of the tractor to raise and lower the blade. The deck had a scissor type hanger on it which would extend or collapse as the deck was raised or lowered. Would / should I use that on the blade ? It seems like I will be using the raise / lower backwards as the blade will have a pivot point on the front of the tractor - where it mounts on the front ?

The power lift is towards the back of the tractor, in front of the rear wheels. Does it seem feasible to use that lift for raising and lowering the blade, when the front of the blade is what needs to go up and down ?

I'll add some pics, any input is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Interesting mechanical proposal.

I'm trying to remember the GT14's hydraulics. To utilize the Yanmar's lift system will require some sophisticated mechanical linkage. It may be simpler and more effective to add a hydraulic ram and reroute your existing hydraulic pressure and return line.

Do you have any pictures or plans drawn up?

Mark

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
i think a series of levers, rods and rocker shafts would allow you to mount the blade and use the hydro lift. Pics would definately help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I worked too late tonight to get pics........ I'm sure it would be much easier, and probably actually in the end cheaper, to just mount it on the front with a small cylinder. Could even make it power angle that way. I like the challenge of making it work with the rear lift, but I just wonder if the practicality of it will push me to a front cylinder ?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow - thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts