My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bolens 1455 owner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a BCS 725 two-wheeled tractor with sickle-bar mower two weeks ago. Seller wanted $ 600 but I bargained him down to $ 420. Have since invested $ 12 in repairing a tire and $ 69 for a new set of teeth. Spent most of today cleaning the rusty mower attachment and priming and painting various parts. Tomorrow will put it back together and see how it looks. Hope I got a good deal for it, have just over $ 500 in it now but that should do it. The seller told me he installed a new magneto to get it running. Was glad to hear that since I'm unclear on what a magneto is and doubt I would not have been able to install one on my own. Plan to use it in cutting tall weeds along a railroad ROW where my group has a lease to run railroad inspection vehicles (motorcars).

·
Bolens 1455 owner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a link to a blog with photos of my BCS 725. Also has photos of my Bolens 1455 with FEL and mower deck, and a Bolens 1250 that has been mounted on a railroad motorcar trailer to create a rail-mower (a project still in progress, with the deck slated to be mounted this weekend).

http://rpiprojects.blogspot.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts