My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fall I will be adding some forward and rear facing lights onto my 2320 for snow blowing and winter night work. I am a little concerned with the location on the marker lights for the forward lights. Being 6'3 i wonder if they will be more blinding than helpful in that location. I have a rear blower so that is also a concern for forward facing marker lights.
Those with them, do they pose and blinding issues? My other though is mounting them to the underside of the ROPs. I never have to lower mine so thats not a concern.

thoughts and option please. I also like pictures

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you are adding both, consider the LED lights, I see Deere has them now for our tractors, I have the Deere ROPS lights then the back lights are mounted on the top of the bracket, my son is 6' 4" and he has no issues with their location plowing.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
The forward facing lights on the rear brackets can get in your eyes if you have them turned in too much. Other than that, they do work great. One light on the rear seems to be plently, but nothing wrong with having two.

·
Registered
255 Posts

LED work lights off ebay VERY LOW DRAW I ran them all night 14hrs on one 9volt battery BOTH OFF ONE BATTERY and they were still bright so I just unpluged them and put them on my 2320 no need for a bigger alternater.

·
Registered
135 Posts
those are some sexy lights. I have been thinking of LED for the low draw and running off the factory wiring.
did you rewire yours or use the factory?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Swiftdeere What could I expect to pay for a set of the lights you have on your 2520
I've got some plans also to put on some lights at least two in the front for now, with the bucket the stock lights are useless. I've searched for the LEDS and there in the hundreds per light. A little rich for me at this point.
My question how many watts can we add to the system before we have battery or alternator issues, anyone?????? Thank in advance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
those are some sexy lights. I have been thinking of LED for the low draw and running off the factory wiring.
did you rewire yours or use the factory?
I used the factory wire harness but cut deeres ends off and added some desinged for RC cars.... they only draw like .09amps thats .09 awsome... You could run A LOT OF theese compared to one or two of JD's... Like I said I ran both off a 9 volt battery over night and the lights were still bright in the morning..

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Swiftdeere What could I expect to pay for a set of the lights you have on your 2520
The forward lights were $85 for the pair and the rear was $54. They are the same lights, so the pricing seems odd, but I guess you get a break for buying two at a time. Dealer did not charge me anything to install. They are plenty bright for my needs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the info Swiftdeere I think I will be getting some lights mounted before SNOW season. Sorry I just can't say the W word yet.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Forgot to mention that the JD lights also plug right into the factory harness and operate with your stock dash mounted switch. Could not be easier.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
so did mine I just chose to put the diff style plugs on...
Not against what you did at all. In fact, the LED's are awesome lights, but for those that don't want to spend that much, the factory JD lights are the way to go and hook up very easily.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I run (3) 55 watt lights: 2 front, 1 rear-facing. I have the rear individually switched. My lights are also switched with the headlights (using a relay so as to not overload the switch).

I have never drained my battery yet, but I am conscious of my power consumption and keep the RPMs a little higher when using the lights. I also put a charger on the tractor when I'm done if I used the lights for more than 30 minutes or so.

I've read that others have also used (3) 55 watt lights with no issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts