My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently picked up a 47" (refrigerator) 2 stage blower. Good condition but needed some more features, one thing I noticed right away is no feet towards the front and it dug in the gravel. Second thing was I enjoyed the hydraulic chute rotation control (a lot!) and decided I needed to have the spout angle control to complete it. I ordered the JD actuator kit from Firgelli Automations that comes with the actuator, cover, limit switches, wiring kit and a switch (although I went with lighted rocker).

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I would have recommended saving your money on the JD OEM skid shoes and get yourself a set from snowblowerskids.com. I have a set on my 54-inch blower and they are vastly superior to the stock shoes. Not only do they offer infinite height adjustment, they also provide more coverage front to back. I have a lot less issues with the shoes digging in to soft ground. The black line you see on my blower below is so I can quickly adjust me skids for gravel vs. paved driveways.

They even sell a set of skids now that are much thicker on the bottom compared to the ones I have. Mine have been in use for 5 years.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one has a set of shoes behind the housing that hold it up there pretty good, just needed the front to keep from digging. Might try a set of those in the future, thanks!

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts
Heck I'm still trying to get the 332 running and the blower on it. LOL.............

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not going to worry about having it ready for this season, although will probably fit it before weather warms too much as the switch will be in the cab. Trying to find another cab for the other 322 but not as important as it will have the blade on it and that doesn't throw snow back in your face.

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts
Not going to worry about having it ready for this season, although will probably fit it before weather warms too much as the switch will be in the cab. Trying to find another cab for the other 322 but not as important as it will have the blade on it and that doesn't throw snow back in your face.
yeah if I could figure out what's wrong with the 300 I could just plow. That bugger isn't getting spark. JD wanted $112 for a coil! :eek: Points are clean so I don't know what's up with it.

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts
I think you can use an old single cylinder motorcycle coil that has a capacitor, may want some other opinions though.
I believe when I dropped that engine in there I put an old Dodge truck coil in it. LOL................ I think I still have the coil on the old engine that threw a rod so I'll use that one and try to get it going. It has ALWAYS started hard. It came from a 216 and I changed the oil pan to fit the 300.

·
blinged out
1,171 Posts
I find the shoes make the blower ride on top of packed snow. one side of my driveway becomes raised! I've been trying to come up with a method to get the shoes raised or removed easily for a couple passes so the blower will dig in!maybe just the 44" is too light!

·
Administrator
12,256 Posts
Nice acquisition, Tim, that’ll clear the driveway quick! The actuator is a neat addd on, I had no idea that item existed as a simple kit. Keep the updates coming on the install.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice acquisition, Tim, that’ll clear the driveway quick! The actuator is a neat addd on, I had no idea that item existed as a simple kit. Keep the updates coming on the install.
Mike, I actually found the Firgelli info on here from another member while doing some digging around on maintenance items. I was on their site for about an hour before I found they had it as a kit, you can just type "John Deere" in their search tool and it comes up. Much easier than trying to piece it together.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,948 Posts
OK, so now your working on the snowblower. What happened to the 80 cart? Got bored or waiting for the welds to set up? :ROFLMAO:
Bouncing from one project to another, sounds just like me.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so now your working on the snowblower. What happened to the 80 cart? Got bored or waiting for the welds to set up? :ROFLMAO:
Bouncing from one project to another, sounds just like me.:rolleyes:
Just call me Tigger! I bounce and bounce and bounce!

·
Parts collector
3,153 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts