My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a nice old AC 914 which is the same as the Simplicity 7114 from what I understand. I am having an issue of the drive belt falling off every time I press on the clutch/brake. It seems that I may be missing a belt guide or something but I'm not sure. I do not know these machines at all.

Basically, every time I press the brake pedal down it creates enough slack in the belt for it to fall off. This has been very frustrating and I need some help to fix it. Anyone have any idea if the back pulley closest to the outside does in fact need a belt guide and if so, where could I buy one at?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with. The belt that keeps falling off is the belt closest to the outside of the tractor.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It appears that you are missing both the front and rear belt guards. You might try contacting Sandy Lake Implement to see if they still have the parts available. They are about as good as it gets on the older tractors.
Sandy Lake Implement
3675 Sandy Lake Rd
Sandy Lake, PA 16145
888-252-0656
www.sandylakeimp.com

The other option is to watch e-bay for parts. I can check out in the barn and see if there might be something that could be used.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts