My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
New to the tractor world. Just bought some property and got my hands on a AC-5040. Looking to possibly get a front end loader for it. Where should I start looking? I've browsed the interwebs and haven't come up with much.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
5,857 Posts
Hi ajduby
...just keep cruising Craigslist and Face Book market...where are you located? There are some areas of the country where they are more available than others

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a 5040 with an A-C 400 full-hydraulic loader. It worked well, but it definitely was not a "quick-tach"
I removed the bucket when using the rotary mower which made it alot easier to see.

If yours didn't come with a hydraulic pump, you will need one.
The 5040 has a rear mounted pump that is permanently mounted on the rear housing right above the PTO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I would leave it attached for the most part, got plenty of dirt to move. Any chance you can give me a few ideas where to look and what models might have interchangeable loaders? Nice pic!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Guess you'll just need to keep looking......no idea where to get the loader or the pump. Check with used tractor places.

Yes, it's a model 400
I made some mods to the tractor's fender support (L&R) so that it's easier to get my big feet in/out.

I also modified the right-side loader mounting bracket so that the clutch adjustments could be made. A-C didn't think of that.

So, if you get the loader, that's something that should be done before mounting everything.
(I don't have any dimensions, but it should be obvious what it needs)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking. I found some manufacturers where i can buy new, but they are very proud of their items. The cost is more than what I think the tractor is worth. So we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts