My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have any idea what is keeping me from being able to split the tractor to access the clutch assembly? I've removed all of the exterior bolts but it doesn't want to come apart. Is there some hidden bolt or connection?

· Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
11,008 Posts
First, you have both halves supported AND chocked to limit their ability except as you would like?

Second, there will be some alignment pins it's on, those can rust in place making it difficult to separate, as well as if the split point isn't fully supported (as in, it's somewhat resting on those pins.

Third, double check that all the bolts, all the way around are out. Clean off any dirt/oil/debris all the way around, to make sure it's not hiding any of them.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies. I have some understanding of the dangers of needing to fully support and chock both front and back (I'm sure I don't have a full understanding). I don't have the recommended hoist to lift the back. I checked the front end and I've jury rigged a support that lifts from underneath the rear end but also rolls to allow the rear end to roll away.
I've been able to wedge several thin metal shims (actually scrapers) and can see a gap at least 1/16" at all points so I'm sure I've removed all of the bolts.
The tractor is in pretty rough shape and there was a grey sludge in the gear case so I wondered if some of the gears were part of the problem.
Wood Gas Bumper Automotive tire Electric blue

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Archaeological site Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Brickwork

· Super Moderator
17,766 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies. I have some understanding of the dangers of needing to fully support and chock both front and back (I'm sure I don't have a full understanding). I don't have the recommended hoist to lift the back. I checked the front end and I've jury rigged a support that lifts from underneath the rear end but also rolls to allow the rear end to roll away.
I've been able to wedge several thin metal shims (actually scrapers) and can see a gap at least 1/16" at all points so I'm sure I've removed all of the bolts.
The tractor is in pretty rough shape and there was a grey sludge in the gear case so I wondered if some of the gears were part of the problem. View attachment 2549440
View attachment 2549442
View attachment 2549441
//////////////////////////////

Looks like a pin or som,ething right there to the right of that opening w/ the spring inside-in between the two halves you are trying to separate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.