My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the interest of keeping things rolling along, here is another of my favorite recipes. I cook them for the Lodge occasionally, and I can NEVER make enough of them.

ABTs...Or...Bacon Wrapped Smoked Jalapenos

Ingredients:

1 dozen large Jalapeno peppers
1 package of "Little Smokies" cocktail sausages
1 large package of cream cheese
dried minced onions
Your favorite BBQ dry rub (or, in the alternative chili powder)
1 pound of your favorite smoked bacon

Split the Jalapenos lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Wash under running water; remove the seeds and the entirety of the veins. Suggest you use disposable plastic gloves for the process; in fact, it's almost mandatory. If not, almost ANYTHING you touch later will burn the rest of the day and night, including your hands.

Place one of the little smokies in one half of the pepper; fill with cream cheese, sprinkle with the onion flakes and the dry rub. Replace the other half of the pepper, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with dry rub. Repeat for the rest of the peppers.

Place in your smoker along with your favorite smoking wood; I use Mesquite, Blackjack, Hickory and sometimes Pecan. Cook at 250 degrees F until the bacon is done...about an hour to an hour and a half. Enjoy.

You can cook them in the oven; we have also substituted Polish Sausage for the Little Smokies and it works quite well. You can also leave the seeds and veins in the peppers if you wish, but they will usually be so hot that only one person in a hundred can eat them. Removing the seeds and veins will render them just right for most folks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts