My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to remove the deck to replace a spindle and when I went to reinstall it, the left side front link didn't want to go back into it's hole in the front mounting bracket. Looking from the front I noticed that the bracket is splayed out to the right about five degrees. The left side is the same only to the left. My question is- is this normal, or are both mounting ears bent and if so, where can I get another one?

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I saw the same thing on my LT1000 (just like your avaitar) this past week when I put the 42 inch mower deck back on. My mounting 'ears' are welded to the deck. I was going to hit the one that is out of line back in with a hammer out, but it wasn't that bad. Just raised the accessory handle to the topmost position, the links lined up perfectly. Put the front chassis pins in first, then put the deck pins in.
Once all together, I checked the deck for cutting level (by the instruction booklet), and it was close enough.
The deck does swing from side to side normally, so that movement could have helped bend the 'ears', from previous mowing activity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts