My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost didn't look at the auctions today. Had about given up when I noticed a Deere 110 RF at an auction and a snapper tiller.
Now, it was raining in the morning with a predicted high of 98. (It got there)
MOSTLY, the auction was advertising Jim Beam decanters & glassware.

So that right there eliminated a lot of the prospective bidders.

It was 50 mi from home the last bit 3 miles down a one lane gravel road. Back in the boonies.

Not a big turnout and they didn't sell the good stuff until last.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one had a model 60 hood which sorta fit. Has a brass tag deck in decent shape, never painted.
Spotted the hydro lift pump. That was all there was from it. I might have gotten the ram, The manual lift handles (2 of them included) were just laying there. There must have been other, possibly older 110's there at one time. He had one with a tiller in about the same shape he wouldn't sell. When I was restoring a fellow late 110 a few years ago, I couldn't get one of those triangular pto pulley covers. Now I got one. In the box was a good 4 legged deere steering wheel center. It went into my pocket right after I won the tractor.
I counted 17 people left at the end of the auction, and a couple of those were straggling glassware women.

Heres the tally...

Snapper tiller for back of a lawn tractor self powered with 5hp briggs...$7
Fancy stanley antique metal miterbox & saw....................................$1
Kawasaki dirt bike with engine in box (no title).................................$15
Honda 400 parts bike...................................................................$5
Briggs 5hp engine turns with compression and 6 lug tractor rim............$1
Handfull of interesting antique wrenches including a Ford adjustable wrench in good shape and a Montgomery Ward........................................................$1
Steel horseshoes for throwing........................................................$3
Jd 110 & parts..........................................................................$140
Ford labled airhorns in great shape off a big truck,.............................$6

A great day. Now that I've been in the air cond, I'll head back out and unload. The 110 I think will be runnable.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
063550 makes it a 1966. I was hoping it was a '63 or '64 but I guess I can't very well complain. At least it sold more reasonable than the worse shape $900 at the last auction I saw one at. (The kids were bidding on dad's old mower.)

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(I knew from for away it was a late 110..I mean't from the auction description I was hoping for an early model. Hey, it could have been a 100, at least it was a 110.)

·
Registered
498 Posts
sweet deal:congrats:

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, after some flooding issues, I got to drive it around the yard a few laps. Doesn't smoke and the varidrive works perfectly. I also had some time while I was waiting for the battery to come up after flooding it out, and hooked a battery to the $5 Honda. The wiring seems dead so I just jumped the solenoid to see if it would crank, and it did...so I opened the gas valve and aside from even more flooding issues, it ranreally decent and didn't smoke either. Being I don't know beans about shifting motorcycles, I just held the clutch in and revved it a couple times. I'll play with it sometime later. Too bad I didn't get a title with anything. Keeps me off the streets.

·
Administrator
12,689 Posts
$140 for that tractor!! Lucky Dog!!!! I'd like to find a RF for a future project. My 7 year old wants her own tractor now. She's gonna have to settle for my 214 for the time being. Nice find...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts