My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honest, it's not my fault. I bought a 3-point hitch on eBay. When I went to pick it up, the guy pointed to a big pile of tractors and parts, and asked if I was interested in anything else.

My two-year-old has declared this to be "his" tractor. He helped me bolt a piece of plywood on as a seat - his first complaint was that there was no seat. He rather enjoys making me push him around the yard on "his" tractor. I think I may bolt a 12V electric motor under the frame and put a spare car battery up front. I can walk behind with a "go" switch on a length of wire ... that'll make my back happier.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,401 Posts
Looks like the two I dragged home for parts!..you could rig up a srarter motor to the transaxle pulley to propel it,in low range it wont take much HP to pull it around..battery might go dead pretty quick though..maybe one of those "barbie jeep" motors would be strong enough!..I was amazed at the strength of one my friends kids have,they pile 3 kids on it and ride it,and "daddy" even stuffed himself on it once,and was still able to spin the wheels on it when he got it hung up on a root in the woods!..and he weighs 190 lbs!..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And in spite of catching **** from the wife, it was very much worth every penny. (Showing her the eBay auction summary didn't seem to help matters.)

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
That's cool! Your little one looks quite happy.

Seth K. Pyle

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you are not careful you will have a running tractor before long. Your little one is so happy. Time spent with him on the tractor will be long remembered. What do the wives know? It is a guy thing. LOL

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say that I'm looking to do a restoration project. I have a couple of electric motors in the "motors" box (and who doesn't?) The old deep-cycle battery still has some life left in it. I think it'll be a fun kid project just to get it moving on it's own. I'll post photos when we get something moving.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
. I think it'll be a fun kid project just to get it moving on it's own. I'll post photos when we get something moving.
When I was a young'un,to get it to move;We'd start at the top of a hill,pick up your feet---------you get the picture.:ROF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts