My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a detailed pictures of a sleeve hitch mounted on a GT3000 tractor. I wanting to install one on my tractor. Don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak. So I thought I would try to see what others have done.
Thanks in advance:praying:
You may just email them to me or post for others to check out. Your choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terry
I now have 4 more questions.
Would it be possible to get the model number of the hitch?
Nice tires where did you get them?
What part of IL are you from? I'm in IL near the Sheridan area.
What photo program did you use to do the pictures.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi brokenveather,

Here are some answers to your questions:

The Sleeve Hitch = 71.24535, original sleeve hitch for this tractor ~99.00+tax (2005) delivered free to my local Sears store for pickup.

Wheels = 71.24167, Set of 2 23" Sears Ag Tires with grey 5 lug rims ~199+tax (2005) also sent to my store.

The program is an early freeware version of 'Printmaster' that is still available at:

http://www.apponic.com/free-downloads-124/printmaster-express-2.1/download/

I like it because it is simple and quick to load and easy to use.

And I'm in West Central, IL between Springfield and Quincy.

If you can post the 917.XXXXX number of your tractor we can probably find more info for you.
Welcome to the forum, I'm still learning about all of the great mods and info posted here, too.

Terry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terry thank you once again for all the information. I spent some time this evening talking to the sears people. I do wish that they would get their act together. So much for them. My model number is 917.275023. The poor thing came with a 50 inch mower which goes through belts like no bodies business. It was fun the first time I had to replace it. They no clue. Thank goodness I took the old belt with me. Then I had to replace one of the deck bearings. They now make them taller to provide better loading for the bearings. Sears was no help when it came to finding the right spindle. I found a guy close to where I live that had a tractor with the same deck as mine so I now have a model number to use if I need more parts. Sears does a crappy job if you ask me. Any way enough of my belly aching. Any information you can put me on to will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do believe you folks are going to the top of my list of people that know how to get it done. Thank you Thank you Thank you. I just may have to anti up and become a supporting member after what you have done for me. I'm just blown away. I'm even almost speech less. Well maybe probably not. THANKS AGAIN.:thanku::thThumbsU Have I left any thing out. :bannana:

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have the same tractor, 917.275023. I didn't see it on the fit-up chart just the 27522 and 27524 both of which called for the 24586 sleeve hitch.

Am I mis-reading the fit-up guide?

Here's a picture of a sleeve hitch on a tractor for sale local to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just installed a new sleeve hitch on the GT3000 boy is it neat. I'm already thinking about doing some mods on it. Unfortunately they will have to wait for a while.
Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts