My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Deere Employee
541 Posts
My condolences to you and family Ken. It is rough losing a parent.

Reactions: Ken22

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Dad passed away just before midnight. I had the opportunity to spend the last nine hours with him. He waited till I went for a cup of tea before passing. His children, grandchildren and great grandchildren all spent a few minutes with him today. Dad will be missed.
Give my condolences to the family sorry your dad passed away.
My mother also died in 2010 do the breast cancer. She was at our home under hospices. This is the first time i watch somebody die in front of my eyes. I think everybody should do it and don't fear it because everybody has to die. I watched her take her last breath & scream out I love you ! It was the most horrific thing to endure and it was the most rewarding I ever did in my life!

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Dad passed away just before midnight. I had the opportunity to spend the last nine hours with him. He waited till I went for a cup of tea before passing. His children, grandchildren and great grandchildren all spent a few minutes with him today. Dad will be missed.
god bless your family.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Dad is resting beside mother who passed in June two weeks after their 70th anniversary and a week after her 91st birthday. Dad was 94.
Today I bought coffee, pie and ice cream for seven of Dad's friends and we all shared memories of him.
Thank you for all your condolences, prayers, well wishes and sharing your memories of loved ones that passed from your lives.
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That's Dad on his last trip before retirement 1991. He delivered freight to the surrounding area since 1955. Everyone knew him. 30 years retired with alot of volunteer work, an Elks member for 64 years, many years with the volunteer fire department, endless hours with the Seniors Center and he always reminded us how proud he was of the family especially at Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners when we celebrated his birthday.
Loved and admired by all who knew him. He will be missed.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I really miss my Dad, passed 7 years ago at 88. You had 94 great years with your Dad.
My wife's Dad passed years ago at 90. I've never seen so many at a funeral, he was a truck driver (truckers + trucks there), fireman (firemen there+trucks), ham radio operator (ham guys there), he landed Normandy and walked to Berlin (Army Sgt. WWII) so military funeral, very active in the church (congregation was there). The minister said today is a day of celebration, not mourning. He's with Our Lord!
We believe we'll rejoin our loved ones one day.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts