My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!-
I wasn't sure where on the forum to post this, but since I never get paid to drink beer, it's still just a hobby. I'll keep working on it!:D
Last summer I broke my old manual can crusher, and quickly accumulated a LOT of empty cans. So a few months back I built this thing- Probably nothing to call the patent office over, but everyone WANTS to use this since it's actually kind of fun, so my can management troubles are over!-:trink40:

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few cans I can send you to do a through test!!
Sweet! I'll take them!:D No bottle can deposits in Texas either? Actually I've crushed about 3000 cans with it already, or however many I accumulated since last August anyway. It crushed about a hundred and broke, so I redesigned the end of it some. It hasn't failed since.:fing32:

My first job as a high school kid was as a bottle sorter up in Michigan. Like an all day IQ test! The store was about a mile down the road from Michigan International Speedway, so imagine if you will $12,000+ worth of bottles (sometimes in a day) 10 cents at a time. Now I can wreak of stale beer and pop right here at home.:D

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can we see a can after it's been crushed?
Thanks, I almost forgot I'd intended to post a picture of that too. It crushes them down to about 20% of their original size- about like stomping on one.

It's a big Bimba 6 by 3 inch air cylinder. Sounds like a steam press at a dry cleaners or something.:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
4 acres nice little invention. That store wouldn't have been Greenleaf farms would it. I drive US12 every day on my way to work.

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 acres nice little invention. That store wouldn't have been Greenleaf farms would it. I drive US12 every day on my way to work.
It was Bill's IGA on M-50 right in Brooklyn. Not sure if it's there any more. I haven't been up that way in quite a long time. The same owners had another IGA- Messimer's (I think) near 127 on US12.

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats cool 4 acres. How many psi does it take to opperate?
80 lbs. more or less runs it pretty good. I had my regulator all jacked up for sandblasting (around 120 psi), and it was amazing! I just have to make sure the cans are pretty well empty, or the 'mess factor' goes way up.:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is cool. I need to try that one. I've allways wanted a better way to crush cans. Thanks for the idea 4 acres.

·
Registered
748 Posts
4 acres Bills is now gone, and so is the other IGA store, I believe Bills is now
a Palmida. Brooklyn has changed a lot over the last few years. My wife is from Napoleon and we get through every now and then. We even get surprised at how it has changed.

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4 acres Bills is now gone, and so is the other IGA store, I believe Bills is now
a Palmida. Brooklyn has changed a lot over the last few years. My wife is from Napoleon and we get through every now and then. We even get surprised at how it has changed.
I went to Hanover-Horton up there. My folks live in Concord now.
Race weeks were always fun there in Brooklyn. Corvette and Superbee clubs driving in and out. They'd put Winston Cup demo cars out in front, and Bill Elliott and Bobby Allison actually rolled out their more used cars a couple times. Working in the beverage department, I got to meet a lot of drivers and crews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts