My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I’ve had a kubota compact tractor in past and the d722 was a great running fuel efficient setup. With this new mower it has 584 hours and very clean. I bought without checking out as good as I should and I found a weeping freeze plug on exhaust manifold side. I don’t think it will be a hard job but I can’t seem to find a part number and after dealing with the local kubota house on the blades I’m wanting to order online. I’m also looking for a new deck outlet and really hope to find a grass catcher for the unit. Appreciate any help, Greg in Texas
D1322167-E687-4AB2-A364-EC3774C7F6AC.jpeg
5BB604D6-1983-4C6D-AFC6-3880366BC7AA.jpeg
A4137ABE-B00F-434D-BA98-B79D34E68486.jpeg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
Guys I’ve had a kubota compact tractor in past and the d722 was a great running fuel efficient setup. With this new mower it has 584 hours and very clean. I bought without checking out as good as I should and I found a weeping freeze plug on exhaust manifold side. I don’t think it will be a hard job but I can’t seem to find a part number and after dealing with the local kubota house on the blades I’m wanting to order online. I’m also looking for a new deck outlet and really hope to find a grass catcher for the unit. Appreciate any help, Greg in Texas View attachment 2498484 View attachment 2498485 View attachment 2498486
Welcome Greg. I found parts for your tractor on messick's
Here's the crankcase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys some of the parts are self explanatory but I was having issues with that plug. I stopped by my kubota house and after 25 minutes he figured out what I needed. Little bitty freeze plug cost nearly $5. I’m going order new radiator hoses and new thermostat and do a good flush on system. Hopefully it will be good to go another 500 plus hours after the few maintenance issues.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kinda same boat here. Just picked up a "new to me" G2160 for IMO a song. Only 830 hours on it (yes the meter works LOL). Good runner just in need of TLC. Just collected all my bits and pieces yesterday (tie rod end, hydraulic filter, fuel filters, extra Super UDT2 fluid as already had a gallon, gallon of Shell Rotella T6, new oil drain plug and crush washers, air filter, and so on. Even bought a new DeWalt 20V Grease Gun (on sale at Farm and Fleet) and since my old air powered gun doesn't work and I lost my old hand powered one the new DeWalt just had to come home with me. But, oh boy I was NOT prepared for how much that thing weighs LOL.
Have the deck off now and going to change out the lube on the gear box plus giving the drive shaft and coupling a thorough cleaning and lube as well. Then going to do antifreeze change and hopefully within the next 10 days (along with all my other work and things I need to do) get it back out and going.
Good luck on yours!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So far I’ve got all fuel filters, air filter, oil filter and oil change, flushed the radiator and added cleaner and ran it this week. I’ve got the grease fittings cleaned and ready to grease this weekend along with putting on the blades. Just normal stuff my first week then I plan on draining the transmission next week if I can get some time off!
Kinda same boat here. Just picked up a "new to me" G2160 for IMO a song. Only 830 hours on it (yes the meter works LOL). Good runner just in need of TLC. Just collected all my bits and pieces yesterday (tie rod end, hydraulic filter, fuel filters, extra Super UDT2 fluid as already had a gallon, gallon of Shell Rotella T6, new oil drain plug and crush washers, air filter, and so on. Even bought a new DeWalt 20V Grease Gun (on sale at Farm and Fleet) and since my old air powered gun doesn't work and I lost my old hand powered one the new DeWalt just had to come home with me. But, oh boy I was NOT prepared for how much that thing weighs LOL.
Have the deck off now and going to change out the lube on the gear box plus giving the drive shaft and coupling a thorough cleaning and lube as well. Then going to do antifreeze change and hopefully within the next 10 days (along with all my other work and things I need to do) get it back out and going.
Good luck on yours!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does your 1860 have the electric power steering?
I did my fuel filters today and it was weird. When I tried to start the engine it acted like it was "flooded". Coughed and belched heavy black smoke then cleared up and idled down perfectly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does. It feels very responsive but I need some new tiered ends as mine are very loose.

Does your 1860 have the electric power steering?
I did my fuel filters today and it was weird. When I tried to start the engine it acted like it was "flooded". Coughed and belched heavy black smoke then cleared up and idled down perfectly

·
Registered
365 Posts
Same here. I need to replace the main tie rod end on the steering knuckle and figure out a way to get the slop out of the knuckle on the king pin on the left side. However when I started the machine up yesterday the PS went all wonky on me and spun the wheel to the right all by itself to the lock. Tried turning it back but it just repeated. I believe there is a calibration thing. I have to locate the procedure and try it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got tired of waiting to use and mowed for about 15 minutes and blew a hole in the plug. My dash never showed hot or anything. I shut her down with a little water left in her. I swapped out this morning a new plug and replaced fluids and now the water pump was weeping. I said **** on it and ordered all new hoses and water pump and seals. Hope to get her going right before my StAugestine starts going crazy! **** good running and cutting mower so far.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Glad you're getting it straightened out. I was able to get the steering calibrated with the procedure in the TG1860 manual shown on YouTube. Ran the heck out of it yesterday dethatching the lawn and running lawn sweeper. Decided to shut it down during the work to clean out something on the dethatcher went to start it "click". Bum starter. Whacked it a few times and it came back to life. Did not shut it down again just let it idle. Finished the job and puled the starter hoping I could get the solenoid apart and rebuild it. No Bueno so I ordered a whole new starter and will have it tomorrow. Finally got the HST pedal issue straightened out as well. So far all is well in Kubota land LOL
Good luck on that 1860. Only thing now I wish I could find is a smaller deck. That 60" is just too big for my needs and my ability to get it off and on

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looking at how far it sticks out on the sides it looks like a 60 not a 54. I would like to find a 48"

·
Registered
365 Posts
Got the new starter in a while ago. Spent 15 min installing it. Connected all up and what a difference when you turn the key. The old starter used to kind of "groan" away when the key was turned. This one kick in so well you don't even hear it. The engine spins right up and fires so fast it's amazing. Very happy with the DB Electric product as always. I have used their alternators and starters with great success in a variety of applications and been very pleased with both price and performance. They even pack every product with a full bench test printout so you know it will perform. These are all brand new as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I’m back my engine is purring along just fine but my cutting system will not work. When I pull the switch it makes a noise then nothing. Have any of y’all had this issue? I was thinking it would be nice if it was switch but figure it’s the clutch it’s self? Appreciate any advice or guidance on how to diagnose this issue. It sucks mowing with my newer Cubcadet after using this kubota…

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m no electronics or wiring man myself. In my head I figure clutch is messed up because when you hit switch it makes a noise but does not engage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts