My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have the opportunity to purchase a 260D backhoe attachment for my JD 1025R. The backhoe has approx. 5 hours on it (the unit it came with has 312 hours) and is available to me for $3000.00. Is this a reasonable deal? Thank you for your time and advice!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am guessing you are looking at a 260B backhoe. Does it include all of the mounting hardware?
If it includes all of the hardware, that is a great deal.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
dont forget you need the tractor subframe kit, and power-beyond kit for the tractor as well... is that all included?... if not - price it out at the dealer and then see how the total adds up against a brand new complete kit from the dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked what all would be needed to mount/use it with my 1025r and the guy said that he would include everything (take it off of the tractor he's selling) with the sale except the seat that can be reversed. Thank you for breaking it down - i'll ask specifically about those things. So the power beyond kit is more/different than the three point I have now?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The power beyond kit is the hydraulics hook up for the backhoe. You will need this. Either from his tractor or buy a new one. The seat will be a high cost item.
Something you also need to check is to be sure there is not a loan on the backhoe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The power beyond kit is the hydraulics hook up for the backhoe. You will need this. Either from his tractor or buy a new one. The seat will be a high cost item.
Something you also need to check is to be sure there is not a loan on the backhoe.
Good point on the loan question - I would not have thought about that! I did look up the power-beyond kit and understand that now. I appreciate your input, thank you.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
keep in mind that he may not be able to take the power beyond off the existing tractor... there are blinder-plugs he will need to put back in where the PB hoses connect to the transmission - that were removed during PB installation. If he didnt keep them, or lost them, or if the dealer originally installed the PB kit, then he will be missing these parts and will have to buy them, or keep his PB and ask you to get your own.... In that case you can ask him for a discount by the amount that the PB kit costs....

go to jd parts and print out the diagram for the subframe kit, and make sure you get all the pieces. It will look something like this. Note this picture shows the rotating seat swivel and tool-box frame kit.

Lastly, you may want to confirm which backhoe kit is compatible with your tractor. More recent models of 1025r's use the 260, not 260B. They have different mounts and different subframe components.
May want to check yours and his tractor serial number etc....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts