My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 1614, and noticed the top of the flywheel housing has a slot like the newer ones!!!!!! SO!! can I get a 3 groove pulley and mount the mid-late 70s hydro pump on it???
Thanks again guys!!!!

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
The top slot on that year of tractor generally was to accept the belt for the starter/generator. Does yours have the S/G or was it replaced with the electric start of the newer models? Of course, some came with the electric start as well. As long as you got the right flywheel (1 1/8" dia. shaft) and you have the bracket mounting holes, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. I'm not so sure it wouldn't work with the flywheel you have now. You only use one groove for the hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I want to hear!!!!!!!(so I just checked!)
I have a two groove pulley now, but the far pulley is not far enough back to make it thru the top!
I was hoping they used the same type, for the 2 pulley as the 3 pulley!
Just added one or left it out! depending on the need!
I realize it would be a choir and a nickel(pump, valve, and hoses) but it would be alot nice then the whats on there now!!
Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
Well, it stands to reason that they didn't change the shaft, just the grooves in the flywheels. All PKs used the 1 1/8" dia shaft EXCEPT some of the tractors that came with the briggs engine. I have a briggs 16hp that I want to put in one of mine and it does have the 1 1/8" shaft. There are no easy answers for these tractors because they seemed to do something different with every one of them. I swear the more I learn the less I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts