My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is a Tractor forum I thought I'd share with all of you what a fun Job this is!! (yeah right!!)

Actually it covered over 250 miles and included Pickup /delivering/ stopping by to evaluate a trade in on a new something or other / or just take a pic for a buyer!!

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do and I will be happy to answer any and all Questions!!

Note to Admin: How about a thread on what all of you do?

Follow me around in pictures!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Some nice shots of the orange ones there Deaner.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Do you see orange spots at night Dean? Seriously, those were some good pictures. It looks like you have a fun job and i bet the day goes by quick. :fing02: What is the farthest you have traveled to deliver a tractor?

Durwood

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bear said:
nice pics dean.. is that a dual fuel allis in pic 7 of 33?
Thanks Bear, to the best of my knowledge it is a Propane only with the original FACTORY frontend, I picked it up on a trade and it took me a while to figure out how to run the ole Girl but after I moved/ wiggled and cramed everything the Old Lady just went willingly to my ramps as if to say "Hey Guys I'm going for a ride so there" And she climbed right up there on her own.

My knowledge of tractors almost as old as I am is not that good with the exception of the old H and M series Farmalls that we had on our Family Farm! I was going to take her straight to Acution but my Boss said no way bring her home she is worth more than that so you see her resting or should I say basking in the present company!!

PS I asked the owner if he had a manual and sure enough he had the original one!!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Durwood , Orange Spots--- You Bet I do!!
Miles, so far I have only had one overnight! about 375 miles one way but many days with shorter trips I exceed that! That's when I see the Orange spots!!! :eck16:

Argee- I guess I missed the point that this is "CUT Related!!, You must have some mighty big CUT'S in your part of the country!! :fing20:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Kubota has a large lineup of CUT's and big boys...So either forum is appropriate...I just picked this one. Off topic was definetly NOT the place for it.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Argee said:
Kubota has a large lineup of CUT's and big boys...So either forum is appropriate...I just picked this one. Off topic was definetly NOT the place for it.
Hey Argee wherever you put anything I post is fine with me :fing02:

How about starting a Mc Cormick Thread we are actually moving more of them than the Kubota Line right now, I realise not many fans of big tractors here but it might interest someone the biggest that I have dealt with is a 175 HP and it's a days work all by itself but a Cadiliac of a Tractor!! For sure!

·
Banned
109 Posts
Dean,

I thought CUTs was Compact Utility Tractors and I agree with you what you are hauling ain’t CUTs. (well, not in Georgia) But, like you said it don’t matter where they put your post because I to go to new post so I get them all.

Can you tell what the tractors you are delivering are go to be doing? I mean are you delivering to construction sites or farms. If farm what, if you can tell, kind of crops are being grown.

Do you have to demonstrate the tractors you deliver? Ever delivered one that wouldn’t crank after you got there?

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi J,
I agree they are some pretty heavy CUTS, but a 7510 sitting on that trailer does look like a bit of overkill!!
Now the second Question Most ranches out here are of the Beef Type (Sections 600 acres) Angus, Herfords , Limosines(sp) used for tilliage and Haying/moving round bales , most all 4WD and many many Chicken House's (TYSON and Simmons) so a lot of sorguhm and grain is tilled/planted/and harvested!!

Nobody plows anymore, they all till, so Big horsepower and big big gang tillers! Also a lot of guys like me buy a small little guy so we can pretend to do all those things :fing33:

Third Question most of our customers are pretty adept at Tractors and most of the demos that are needed is to teach me how to get their Trade-in started and running well enough so that I can back-haul it to somewhere else!! I have seen more Junk than you can shake a stick at, most I take to auction but some is just an upgrade and still good stuff!! But sure! I show them everything I know and as you can imagine knowing me that wouldn't take long at all!! :fing20:

All new ones coming out of our check program run great but some of the used/resolds can be a bit contankorus (sp) But it is fun and a good sense of humor helps cope with whatever problem that rears it's little head!!!!

When you are dealing with a fellow that can write a check for $75000 more than once, they tend to be the most understanding!! On the other hand the guy that just bought the used / worn out John Deere for his Mother-in Law tends to get a bit testy if the paint is scratched!!

Thanks for the great questions and it goes with-out saying "It's all in a days work" and it keeps me from pestering my G/F too much!! :trink39:

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Man Dean you dont over load that truck do you :fam32:

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
whats your boss asking for that allis. we have neighbors that make the oklahoma saskatchewan run. i thinktheir usually pulling a trailer. some more pics of it would be great to.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bear said:
whats your boss asking for that allis. we have neighbors that make the oklahoma saskatchewan run. i thinktheir usually pulling a trailer. some more pics of it would be great to.
I'll try to get more pics tomorrow Bear (If i'm there sometimes I get my marching orders enroute and will get a figure for you too!) The best way would be for me to put you in contact directly with the sales GUYS!! But I can put in a good word or two for you! I didn't check yet if you can give recieve this stuff by PM or direct? Advise when you have time! I don't want to violate any rules here! :fing20:

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jodyand said:
Man Dean you dont over load that truck do you :fam32:
He He, not me Jody :) , was up in the Flatlander parts of Kansas this morning and strapped on a McCormick 115 w/full Cab (dealer transfer), normally not that big a job but the winds were at a cross at about 30 MPH and it was a real challange on the return to OK!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bear said:
Bear, It is a duel fuel, when I got there and upon further inspection I see it has the rear fuel tank and glass bowl all hooked up! :bonk:

Now here are 11 photos , feel free to do what you want with them, Jody or Argee can save to your boards server as I will delete them from mine as soon as you tell me it's OK!!

I will PM you as to the Price the boss wants if it saves him the trouble of parting it out and of course that means FOB our lot here!!

Your Requested pictures here!

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts