My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my second 10550 Gold Pro today. This mower looks nice! It's very clean, but will cleanup even better. It has the great 6.5 HP Dura Force engine and the Easy Stride system, which I really like. I got this mower with a rear bagger, mulch plate, and the manual.

This 10550 needs a tune-up, a self propelled cable (has a rope for one currently, but it works), fuel on/off valve, fuel filter, and maby some hubcaps for the wheels.

It also has a problem of shutting down when the bail is released. It wants to keep going, but eventually shuts off. What could be the problem, something with the ground? Thanks for any help.

Thanks, and enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Nice Find, There should be a lever, when the bail is let go the lever touches a piece of metal and it bends, check to make sure it isnt bent too far out...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Def the contact point on the ignition ground. Make sure it's touching.

I'll get pics of my 3 amigos...10323/4.

·
Wile E. Coyote
626 Posts
Looks good. Try lubricating the bail cable. One of mine sticks a little until I put some PB Blaster in it and work it back and forth a little while.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I fixed the bail/ground issue. Just bent the tab a little more into place. Thanks to those who have helped.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
That looks strangely familar.:thThumbsU I will keep my eye out for the electric start version. GTP, I will let u know when I get a couple more Dura Forces rounded up!! Thanks for helping to thin out my herd.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Looks nice! I just received my Gold Pro Duraforce today too! Mines not an easy stride though, just a 3 speed! I was all set to put my new commercial wheels on it and found out that the ones I bought (pair) only bcame with ONE new bolt and spacer! Need two, one for each wheel... A bummer, but I don't have fronts yet anyway.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks strangely familar.:thThumbsU I will keep my eye out for the electric start version. GTP, I will let u know when I get a couple more Dura Forces rounded up!! Thanks for helping to thin out my herd.
Thanks. No problem, I am glad to have another 10550 in my herd!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks nice! I just received my Gold Pro Duraforce today too! Mines not an easy stride though, just a 3 speed! I was all set to put my new commercial wheels on it and found out that the ones I bought (pair) only bcame with ONE new bolt and spacer! Need two, one for each wheel... A bummer, but I don't have fronts yet anyway.
Thanks. Sounds like a nice Lawnboy you got there too. It'll look great with those commercial wheels. And-:wwp:

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
I paid about 300 each for mine a couple or three years ago. Sold one later and used the other.... maybe twice. Sits in my shed all lonesome

·
4,788 Posts
I have so many other options that it is just low priority. I have almost every model of Duraforce out there in a self propel and several are 3 speeds, plus the M series, now several D476commercials and the Honda.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have so many other options that it is just low priority. I have almost every model of Duraforce out there in a self propel and several are 3 speeds, plus the M series, now several commercials and the Honda.
I understand. I guess the Easy Strides aren't exactly the best for everyday use. And with all the other options you have, I can see why you might put a lower priority over it.

·
4,788 Posts
Yeah, TOO MANY options... addicted and convicted

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
I've discovered that I have NINE L-Boys in my shed and garage. This went from "hey these are cool" to OMG I'm moving 5 of them to get to another!

I used my 3 speed tonight, first time I've used a 3 speed staggered in YEARS. I have no clue why I got rid of the first ones I had now... so easy to use! Still like the older models, but the preformance of that 6.5 hp is pretty nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts