My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you are aware, we North Easterners are dealing with a significant early dump of snow. In one storm I have 23.7" on the ground. The snow was fluffy on day one and both the blade and blower performed admirably. Today the snow was a little warmer, and a little wetter and had that greasy feel. The Deere X748 with the model 47 blower blasted through everything I threw at it today, over a foot of sticky snow, windrows of already thrown snow, the crud out at the road, banks left by my neighbor's loader, and piles of deck snow that I shoveled into the driveway to let the blower do the work.

The X585 with 54" blade was a little different. Everything started out ok, as I was scraping the paved part of the driveway bare. The snow is so deep that some of it was topping the blade and falling down behind. Then I got into some packed snow that kept tripping the relief spring on the blade and spinning all four wheels. Not a big deal, but the blower had a better day!

·
Registered
358 Posts
My blade is bolted for that reason. We only got a foot but there was a good long freezing rain after a few inches of snow had fallen then snow again. Made for a real mess.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Hey Steve, you got hit harder than us in lower HV. My 345 earned its pay! Real happy I bought right flapper mod material this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,826 Posts
Gotta agree. We only got about 10-11" of somewhat wet snow. I went out 3 times and the 37A performed well.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I went through the same thing, yesterday was fluffy & hardly any work at all for the 47” blower. I figured today I’d plow if we didn’t get as much & wouldn’t you know we got more than yesterday, about 10-12” today vs 8” yesterday. I waited a little too long & the snow was heavy wet concrete, once again the 47” performed admirably. I didn’t even bother with the plow since I was scraping most of the driveway down to bare asphalt with each pass. I have to say I absolutely love my snow removal set up & can’t wait for the next snowfall!

·
Super Moderator
25,922 Posts
As many of you are aware, we North Easterners are dealing with a significant early dump of snow. In one storm I have 23.7" on the ground. The snow was fluffy on day one and both the blade and blower performed admirably. Today the snow was a little warmer, and a little wetter and had that greasy feel. The Deere X748 with the model 47 blower blasted through everything I threw at it today, over a foot of sticky snow, windrows of already thrown snow, the crud out at the road, banks left by my neighbor's loader, and piles of deck snow that I shoveled into the driveway to let the blower do the work.

The X585 with 54" blade was a little different. Everything started out ok, as I was scraping the paved part of the driveway bare. The snow is so deep that some of it was topping the blade and falling down behind. Then I got into some packed snow that kept tripping the relief spring on the blade and spinning all four wheels. Not a big deal, but the blower had a better day!
We had about 1/8" of ice, then it meted and then this morning a light dusting of snow that melted within an hour or so. Looks like you are having all the fun!! Impressive amount of snow!

·
Registered
458 Posts
We received between 7-10 over five days. Lots of icy wet snow. Blade is great on flat, hard surfaces like the concrete pad but is too aggressive on the soft, still unfrozen gravel driveway. It cuts in in float mode. The blower is better on those surfaces and I'm looking forward to putting the front end back together so I can hit the snow that remains with the blower.

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
I think it supposed to snow here Next Tuesday Just want to try out My CTA 60inch Blade with a Rubber squeegee to see if I need to Buy a Taller One. Because I bought one that is Made From Industrial belts and I think it's to stiff For use with the CTA Blade's. Putting On My OTC Cab today & the 47inch Blower On the X748 In about 3 weeks the new Vinyl & door top sections will be In for it So it will get a slight disassemble to Put that stuff Back on Bet the stuff arrives In the Middle of a snow storm :D (y)

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
Hey Steve, you got hit harder than us in lower HV. My 345 earned its pay! Real happy I bought right flapper mod material this year!

The 345 sure Looks Good In that Bercomac Cab (y)

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,826 Posts
I went through the same thing, yesterday was fluffy & hardly any work at all for the 47” blower. I figured today I’d plow if we didn’t get as much & wouldn’t you know we got more than yesterday, about 10-12” today vs 8” yesterday. I waited a little too long & the snow was heavy wet concrete, once again the 47” performed admirably. I didn’t even bother with the plow since I was scraping most of the driveway down to bare asphalt with each pass. I have to say I absolutely love my snow removal set up & can’t wait for the next snowfall!
View attachment 2440387
Fish,
Nice machine! Gonna get me a green & yellow diesel one of these days.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
The 345 sure Looks Good In that Bercomac Cab (y)
Thank you Sergeant!!! Glad you helped me with the cab!

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
Thank you Sergeant!!! Glad you helped me with the cab!

No Problem :)
Hey when the wind catches the snow do You get Much snow Inside the Cab?
Because it Looks Like it is Pretty tight fitting for aftermarket Cab

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
No Problem :)
Hey when the wind catches the snow do You get Much snow Inside the Cab?
Because it Looks Like it is Pretty tight fitting for aftermarket Cab
Actually very little if any! Its very good at keeping snow out! I love it! We found a cab for my dad's Bolens last spring. Its a well made homemade set up.

·
Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
Well Put On My OTC Cab tonight and My 47inch Blower On the X748 But One of the angle Hoses Leaks Put Just shy of a quart of Low Vis On the driveway Before I Noticed It. Why couldn't it Happen earlier In the day when the dealers are still open(n) (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts