My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Your producer did a great job and the music she added was wonderful. The engine sounded very strong and it looks like your enjoying the tractor. slkpk

·
Registered
921 Posts
That works great and looks like it's nice and sturdy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its hard to tell who is having more fun there. The soundtrack is outstanding.:fing32:
You have there in that video something that you can cherish for the rest of your life and years from now your kids will get even a bigger laugh out of watching it. I have videos of my oldest daughter (now 21) that I took all through the years.
Its great to set down at times and watch them grow before your eyes. I also have a 6 year old that likes to film as well as work on tractors. She is also very good at spotting them as we travel.
Kids and Old John Deere's= The best one could hope for:thThumbsU

A question or two about your Or-Bilt?
How much does it weigh?
How wide is the bucket?
Is the bucket removable,like if one wanted to make different attachments?
Using the tractors hydraulics, does it seem to slow it down any?
Do you have to add any extra hydro fluid for it to work correctly?
Any chance you have some close up pictures?, as it looks like something that would be easy to fab up and I would like to build something like it to use around here and at my parents. I think even my mother could use it for her vast flowerbeds and garden.
Thanks
Greg in Ky..:greendr:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow - that looks like fun - how much for the loader?
Agreed--that looks like a well built unit. This is exactly what i'm looking for on a 540 including the rear weights. Like Red asks above---how much is this unit?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. My oldest daughter loves doing tractor stuff with daddy, or fishing with daddy, or, well, she just loves her daddy. All 3 are that way. Whatever I'm doing with them is their favorite thing to do at the time. Guess I'm a pretty lucky man.

Anyway, I was having a convo with DeereMan about the 300s, and we agreed they sound "happy" when you hand them a load.

The loader cost just over $2K delivered to my driveway, and I was using it before the delivery truck could pull away.

I had to add just short of a quart of fluid to top the system off after connecting the loader up.

I bought is model versus the other 3 alternatives as it gave me both the lift and quick attachment I needed.

The bucket can be removed without too much effort.
Here's a link to the specs:
http://or-bilt.com/

The system works fast enough for me. I screw the deck height adjustment in all the way to take the deck and 3PH out of the equation when using the loader. I have an H-3 valve and levers I need to put on so I can put the deck and 3PH on their own circuit.

The design of this loader, while it looks simple, is well thought out. It does not have the cajones to twist the frame of the tractor, no matter how ignorant I get with it. If I overload the bucket, it just patiently waits for me to decide to curl it back out and dump a little before it will lift.

The only bummer is that without a little ramp I cannot load my pickup bed (but I have a big Dodge diesel 4x4), though 2WD and smaller truck owners may not find this to be an issue.

I'm a little behind on my garden, so this weekend it will be my 5 year old's turn to film me plowing and disking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts