My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a rear catcher to go with my 10525 Duraforce, but I've never liked the "newer" style with the plain white bag and the simple Lawn-Boy in black block letters on the sides... Yeah, maybe I'm weird?

I had this catcher spotted on eBay, and nothing to use it on (though I was unaware that it DOES fit the hourglass shaped older machines too!)

Just had to have a leaf shredder as I had one of those, and a leaf bag when I was a teenager, but traded it all in on my M-series. :(

The catcher was un-opened! Staples still in both ends. The shredder is unused as well.

Both good finds I think, and prices weren't bad on either, less than a new ones. I'm happy! But don't want to get the darn bag dirty haha!

Attachments

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,127 Posts
So you're the one that sniped me in the last second...just kidding of course, sweet find, good job!

Yeah that is the exact same bag setup that came with my 92 model 680543, you are not the only one that doesn't like the new generic looking bag, I am the same way for some reason I like the lawnboy with the green stripes as well. I still have the original bag and I bag about 50% of the time on my front lawn. I think the key to making those last is to keep them as dry as possible.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
So you're the one that sniped me in the last second...just kidding of course, sweet find, good job!

Yeah that is the exact same bag setup that came with my 92 model 680543, you are not the only one that doesn't like the new generic looking bag, I am the same way for some reason I like the lawnboy with the green stripes as well. I still have the original bag and I bag about 50% of the time on my front lawn. I think the key to making those last is to keep them as dry as possible.
If you still want one, I have one I got off e-bay a month ago. Brand new in the box. I got it for a Dura Force, but it does not quite fit right. I have not used it.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,294 Posts
If you still want one, I have one I got off e-bay a month ago. Brand new in the box. I got it for a Dura Force, but it does not quite fit right. I have not used it.
I purchased a DF mower that had this setup on it and I have to agree that it didn't fit properly. There was a discussion some time back about the long and short catcher bag and I thought this type was a shorter bag and the DF needed a longer one.

I do prefer this one though. Nice to get the starter rope out of the way.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What? oh crap. you mean that this catcher isn't going to work on my 10525 duraforce? :(
Just when I was thinking lawn-boy was so universal with their accessories...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
What? oh crap. you mean that this catcher isn't going to work on my 10525 duraforce? :(
Just when I was thinking lawn-boy was so universal with their accessories...
I've used this on a DF. You have to have handle brackets with multiple holes or the slotted holes to move the mounting bracket down as low as it will go (last hole of the bracket). Then it will work fine.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So you're the one that sniped me in the last second...
I got sniped one time with 2 seconds left. Grrrrrrrr :fing20: :banghead3

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to get just the starter rope loop from the older style chute and drill into the newer chute to keep the starter rope out of the way?

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mean that it wouldn't work on a DF mower. On my mower, it just fit real tight. You already have it out of the box, I'm sure that you can get it to fit better than the mower I had.
Alrighty, I'm hoping so too! I'd try it already and not be still wondering, IF I actually had the mower to put it on! Another ebay catch, and after the sale the guy sent me the invoice and a personal message, I paid and sent a message back and haven't heard a word sence! Starting to worry a little. The guy had sold mowers, and shipped them before, but that's a chunk of change just floating out there with no tracking number at least to know it's on it's way.

Sorry about the snipe, I actually won a number of auctions lately without using it, like every one I bid on. I'd just wait till the last couple minutes and bid manually and end up winning. Then my luck ran out and I lost like 8 in a row to snipers. I said the heck with it and dusted off the sniper. Still lost a couple because my max was too low. Oh well, spent WAY too much as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts