My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been a spell since I've posted but things here have been kind of hecktic to say the least, first my truck was messing up bad, then we had to start thinking of vacation... where to go, what truck to take Rob's or mine? And so on.... but since Rob got my truck running really good we took mine, so we loaded the camper, the boat and off we went, wasn't to far as I didn't really trust my truck on to long of a journey.
We decided that we would go back over to Kanakadea Park in Almond, NY (also known as Almond Lake) and do our camping there, we had a great time.
Fishing and just boating in general, now I wont say who caught the largest fish between Rob and I (our daughter just took toys out on the boat and played while we fished), but he did catch a lot more!!!

Rob, playing chef-boy-R-Rob??? Making sausage, eggs & pancakes for breakfast while Rach plays on the computer.

Picture of our full campsite

Wooops..... Sorry Rob, I just have to rub that in... LoL

Odie (our dog), wanted to see what Rob caught, so when Rob showed it to him he tried to take the fish for himself.

Sunsets were beautiful, the food was fantastic and the time spent with family was absolutely priceless!!!!!

Thanks for taking a look at our small vacation!!!

Merrie​

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Looks like ya'all had a great time, good to get away for a bit from the rat race, :thanku: for sharing with us :fing32:.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice camping set up. Brings back fond memories of my family and our Apache years ago. The 3 kids still make comments about some of the memorable weekends.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Have you ever seen pics of that place during the flood of 1972? Somewhere around here I have some showing the picnic tables on the top of the phone poles afterward. I lived in Wellsville then, now I'm just a ways over that hill behind your campsite.

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ever seen pics of that place during the flood of 1972? Somewhere around here I have some showing the picnic tables on the top of the phone poles afterward. I lived in Wellsville then, now I'm just a ways over that hill behind your campsite.
No, I've never seen any pictures of that place flooded, that was 7 years before my time.
I would like to see some though, if you could find them.

Thanks,

Merrie​

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:thanku: Merrie for sharing! Looks and sounds like you had a great time!:thThumbsU Welcome back!

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice camping set up. Brings back fond memories of my family and our Apache years ago. The 3 kids still make comments about some of the memorable weekends.
Thanks, Rob definately likes it alot better than tent camping, I suppose it has a lot to do with his bad back. But he'll do the tent camping if the camper is not available because he says tent camping is better than no camping!!!

Originally Posted By SonnyT:
:thanku: Merrie for sharing! Looks and sounds like you had a great time! :thThumbsU Welcome back!
Thanks Sonny for the welcome back, yeah, we really had a great time... Hopefully we'll be going again soon as I have another weeks vacation coming :bannana: :woohoo1: and taking it the first part of next month.

Although we do camp at camp grounds we both prefer to go boondocking (some call it dry camping) where there is hardly ever anyone else around, unless you invite them that is, and most of the time where we go it's free!!! We usually go on state land but there usually isn't any place to launch the boat but we do, do other things like take nature walks usually it's just Rach (our daughter), Odie (our dog) and I, Rob doesn't walk around to much do to his back. But he still loves to camp. Well one good thing about going camping on state land is we always seem to carry out more than we carry in, as we pick trash up that others just throw down and take it back home and dispose of it properly.

PJJ, thanks for the article it was an interesting read.

89YT12, you got that right... Rob's already planning our next trip in a couple of weeks...

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments!!!

Merrie​

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Great post, and thanks. Man, we really need that kind of vacation. Been way too long for us, and my wife and I even camped on our honeymoon! And that was many moons ago...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts