My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any guesses on what sort of an investment it would take to resurrect this beast?

·
Registered
378 Posts
that is a sad sight,but the tranny and blade is reason enough to buy that thing and turn a little profit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any guesses on what sort of an investment it would take to resurrect this beast?
A wing and a prayer! Strip out the tranny and sell it, make yard ornament out of the rest of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They always look horrid without the side covers or grille. Might be just the unit to try out all those mods you wouldn't want to try your more expensive tractor!

·
Super Moderator
16,526 Posts
$1,875.00 for a new engine just to start with I bet it could be done with new Parts $3,000. Used parts who knows:thThumbsU

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
I'll bet hes lost everything including the engine, tail lights, side panels etc. One of THOSE guys.

Its free after you get the $250 out of the blade though.

·
Super Moderator
32,756 Posts
If my eyes aren't deceiving me it looks like a quick hitch on the blade, if so I'm betting the blade and hitch will get you $600 - $700 alone!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yup looks like a quick hitch to me they run on ebay alone for between 5 and 700 add another 500 or so for the blade if ya repainted it. I'd jump on that if I was closer, you could have other toys out of the blade and quickhitch resale alone. Not only that I could use the blade and quickhitch on my x700 right now. LOL

·
Super Moderator
32,756 Posts
Mustang66guy, you should be posting pictures of it in your truck or on your trailer by now! Someone else will surely grab that if you haven't already!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Two months ago you were looking at a $5000 X500 and now your passing up a $275 425 with a $700 blade.
Should we take up a collection to help you out? :confused:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just emailed the guy.It didnt hit me until just now that Im only about an hour from him and Im headed up that way already Saturday.So hopefully,I can grab this thing before its gone.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Remind me not to let Deeretek see anything I'm looking at possibly buying! lol!!!
lol.I carefully scanned the comments and It didnt look like there were any takers.I would never cut in on someone elses find.But since It didnt look anyone was running out to hook up their trailer,i figured i should make my move.The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the opportunity.

·
Super Moderator
32,756 Posts
I agree, got my eye on a tractor right now but I know better than to post details before it's been bought! I might ask a question here but I don't want to tempt anyone to make their deal at my expense! If I can't move on it then I'll put the details up for the members and then it's all on them to get there first!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I didnt have so much to do on the new house I would buy that in a heart beat. Unfortunately I dont have my garage or workshop finished yet and it would wind up sitting for way too long (read the wife would be ****** that an unfinished mower is sitting in an unfinished workshop. I finally got my Obama home buying tax credit in so hopefully I will be posting pictures of a new x500 in a few days...

·
Citizen of Earth
15,295 Posts
So do we have a happy ending here? Anyone get this one?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts