My Tractor Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Hey Mike, that mower moves right along, workin' good ! :fing02:

Next on the want list..... a mini hay baler.:00000033:
Thanks Larry! We were glad all went well, it is a blast to use too

A mini baler would be sweet! However dragging it on the banks may be a little scary :sidelaugh: :hide:

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Since Pop's Kubota got 4 new shoes, I stole the rears to put on the spare fromt rims from the parts tractor. They were bare from the PO running it in 4wd on asphalt but they hold air. I put some old tubes we had in them, it can be used as a spare set. They are 16.5x6.5x8 in a 6 ply rating. Plenty for a Sears.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Sweet mower Mikey! Looks cool! Those tires got some life left in them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,024 Posts
Hey Mike the "Old Man" is lookin' good !

I like that Kubota.... it has a lot of the right options going for it.

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Sweet mower Mikey! Looks cool! Those tires got some life left in them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Eric! We joked that it is the only mower that 4 new tires doesn't double the cost of it in our fleet :sidelaugh:
Hey Mike the "Old Man" is lookin' good !

I like that Kubota.... it has a lot of the right options going for it.
Thanks Larry! He is still having some knee issues but his hip is all healed

It is one heck of a machine, diesel, 2 range hydro, diff lock, 4wd, tilt steering, leaf bagger and there is a full front canopy for it also but my Dad removed it when he first got it so it wouldn't get into the trees. It definitely deserved the new shoes :)

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
The SS/16 worked great all year running the sickle mower, so for winter we left it on and removed the mule drive. It will be sporting the generator in case of power outages. Turned out great after I finished the repaint of the bracket, just waiting on a test run

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
The Super Sad 16 is patiently waiting for the weather to break and the weeds to grow

Now that the Suburban 12 is about ready for operation I stole the battery hold down that I had let my Dad use for his while mine was down.

Took the time today to get the bender out and remake him another one, as well as a few spares

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Gave the SS a little love the last couple days, as it gets ready for it's magazine debut on an upcoming article on the SS/16 tractors for the Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine. I took the time o clean up our homemade seat we had made. This one is definitely far from a prime original example, but it is a great machine! It will be called into bank mowing service this year once again

We have talked about repainting it, but my Dad likes that it looks like a mutt with 9 different colours. He never wants the prettiest tractor but wants the one that runs the best! So I think this tractor fits that bill perfectly!

·
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Sharp looking tractor...how did you make that seat?...Nice job!
Thank you mark! The flip up bracket and the "rails" underneath to support it are the OEM Sears seat parts. We drilled and bolted a flat plate to the stock base, with the rectangular tubing bolted on top of that followed by a generic pan seat from Princess Auto (they usually have sales on them for about 10 dollars, they are fairly thick and only need to be deburred). We don't like to make permanent changes so all of this can be undone for a regular cushioned seat :)

201 - 210 of 210 Posts