My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Fix it Guy,Paramedic
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Brothers 1963 Cub Cadet he rebuilt 30 over in small engine vocational school 25 years ago. It started life as one of my Uncles lawn tractors. He bought a new one and gave it to my brother. My 3 other lawn tractors need attention so I put the deck on this one. It almost too fast to mow with. In second gear it flys! It throws the grass 8 foot out of the shoot.

Attachments

·
Old Fix it Guy,Paramedic
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really love how this old stuff is built. Bolt on decks and pins and washers. It has a generator that is in some cars that year. It has REAL tractor flood lights for head lights and a white tail light that lights up 10 feet behind you. It has a coil and points! I have to brush up on points. I have not had to deal with them for many years. My Brother has had a bad head injury so he is of no help fixing it.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
just so you know, its not a '63. it looks like a 122, which would make it a 1965-67

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
The numbers don't look like 3 digits on the back of the hood. Maybe a 71... without fenders is a 63 original looking to non cub fanatics. I'd be putting a set of fenders on. It IS a great tractor though. White tail light is either brother added or lens missing. Is that a high chair seat? Being it has no fenders, I'd bet it has owner added headlights too.

It looks like a good tractor, but not very original, which is fine.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
hmm... looks like 3 to me.. the 1 is pretty slim and the low-res pic doesnt help. i think we can safely say its either a 71, 102, or 122 :fing02:

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Douh! I just clicked the photo and it doubled in size. Forgot to try that. Plainly says 71.

Those blurs I took to be bad hood paint are identical mid and rear. I think they are some sort of decal. The old narrow frames are indestructable. I'd definately trade an 1100 in my back yard for it, and it has 3 more (briggs) hp, but half the tractor.

·
Old Fix it Guy,Paramedic
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does say 71. It's a cell phone picture at dusk that was sent to my E-Mail.
I am just going by what my Brother told me about the tractor. It has the like 6 inch tractor sealed beams for head lights. The rear tail light is missing the lens. If it came with fenders thay may be in the barn. I played with the snow blade a little spreading out some dirt. I plow snow in the winter so it was like a flash back.

·
Old Fix it Guy,Paramedic
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thje Wife asked me how I knew how to change to the mower from the snow blade. DUHH, I have been changing implaments, plows , disk's and mowers, it's just second nature. Ask me about doing hay, mowing, raking, baleing. Another skill you did not know about! Over 3 acres of truck garden will give you a few skills !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts