My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, I've been using my scoop and noticed that the depth I'm digging at changes constantly and so I have to keep my hand on the hydraulics while scooping (part of that is it leaks down really quickly - that rebuild will come this winter).

My question is, will the draft control work with the scoop? Or is it primarily for plowing or such? How do I know 1. if it needs adjusted? 2. how much to adjust it? 3. if different implements need different adjustments?

I'm reading in the manual (one of you was so kind as to scan and post) that the spring should spin with the lift in the up position. There are so many coats of paint on mine that it's permanently bonded to the shaft! (another thing that will get fixed this winter).

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I always keep my hand on the draft control when working the scoop. The reasons is one to be safe and the other is the slope/contour of the ground changes so I can keep good contact with the ground and so I dont dig too deep and bog tractor down too far. I spend more time looking down and behind me making sure I have good engagement with ground than looking forward.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
There is no adjustment beyond the initial setup on the life cover linkages, there is no adjustment for different implements. Using the scoop is an exercise in developing hydraulic control finesse.

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
There is no adjustment beyond the initial setup on the life cover linkages, there is no adjustment for different implements. Using the scoop is an exercise in developing hydraulic control finesse.
and scoop angle of the cutting edge of the scoop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts