My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang , another question for the experts. i had to buy a new regulator for the 990 the new one has a tab that says ( L ) were the original said ( gen ) were do i connect that wire the were no instructions with the new reg. i dont want to burn the thing out. thanks for your help:fing20:

·
Registered
652 Posts
hey gang , another question for the experts. i had to buy a new regulator for the 990 the new one has a tab that says ( L ) were the original said ( gen ) were do i connect that wire the were no instructions with the new reg. i dont want to burn the thing out. thanks for your help:fing20:
That sounds more like "light" as in "warning light"

How many terminals are on it and what do the rest say?

Mine has 4

L for lamp (mine is not used)

F for field

B for bat

either G or A for generator

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are 4 tabs on the new regulator , ground, field , batt, and L , the old reg had 4 tabs also ground. field ,batt,and gen. the 990 wireing diagram shows the gen wire gouing to the negative side on the ammeter, keep in mind i replaced the ammeter with a volt meter. much safer i was told. so it appears to me L and gen tabs are the same. so where do i run the wire to. :fing20:

·
Registered
652 Posts
there are 4 tabs on the new regulator , ground, field , batt, and L ,. :fing20:
Does it SAY "ground" or does it say "G"?

L to mean A for armature or G for generator does not make sense.

LOOK at the "ground" tab. Does it appear to actually be grounded to the case, or is it mounted underneath, ad appear to be insulated?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi blacksmitian ;thanks for the diagram , its the same reg i have , what i want to know is where do i connected the wire from L terminal to . also i tonight i spun her over for the first time and i guess the coil smoked. i was looking at the points as i was craking it they were not moving. now i just want to replace it all with electonic ignition , i would very appriciate on what to buy so i can end my misery lol. i just want to start and run. thanks :fing20:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts