My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking around for a long time and unable to find a factory blade, i decided to undertake a build, this thread follows that journey.

A ginormous THANK YOU to VTXRider for all the dimensions off his factory plow and a ton of extra questions answered......I may still have a few before I'm done.

Here are the images to the components.
I decided to use an existing blade i have and build the rest based on the drawings below.

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
Absolutely the cleanest and complete 990 you could have ever bought! Someone cared enough to store it inside and to wash the old girl once in a while.
Your plow will get it back to work again.

Glad to help out a fellow 990 owner.

When I bought my original 990 in 1979, I never thought it would still be around this long. Then finding two more is even more amazing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That's one clean 990.

I have a Fourteen Hundred with 40" blower and 42" deck.The guy that I got it off of has the plow for it but he wants $150 for it.It's alot narrower than the plow VTXRider has there.I think it's a 36" plow.

Once I get the funds for it I will get it but I'm going to have to add a few inches to it.I've always wanted a plow 50-52" wide on it.I know the tractor can handle it.I'm pretty sure that the guy with the 36" plow doesn't have the piece that bolts to the front of the tractor,that keeps the plow from swaying from side to side.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BINGO! I just scored a 54" wide plow blade only and pivot bracket off a 190-985-000 MTD blade that was on a sears gt18 with a modified mount.
Cutting edge is good and skids are like new! Same as the original 990 blade.
Still ordering steel and need to fabricate the hanger and mounts but this is a sweet suprise!

Side note: Is there a limit on number of albums and pictures for non-members?

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
The MTD gods are working in your favor BN. Good find.

Maybe D-Dog can comment on the picture limits.
By the way, you are a member.

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
Thought I would add these Sketchup 3D drawings of the plow on my MS OneDrive. http://1drv.ms/1G4NPDN
Included is a Sketchup 3D Viewer at 15mb file size.

Below are the 2D jpg files of the 3D drawings.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.