My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i could download a pic of the front plow assy. i want to build one. and was there hydrulics availible for lift? thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Attachments

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
If you note item #14 on the drawing, that hooks onto the cross piece for the mower deck hanger, and that's where the hydraulic lift comes in. You still have to adjust the blade angle by hand - there's only 3 positions anyway.

I'm in process of adding a seperate hydraulic system to move the blade left - right. When I get it finished I'll post some pics.

Rich

·
Blacksmith
834 Posts
Here is the installation manual for the plow. You use the lift bars used to lift the mower using the hydraulic lift. The lift bar goes under item #14.

If you change the spring loaded latch bracket as shown in the picture and attach a rope you can change the direction from your seat.

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
Here is the installation manual for the plow. You use the lift bars used to lift the mower using the hydraulic lift. The lift bar goes under item #14.
I think there's an echo in here! :sidelaugh

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If you don't have the quick disconnect, then item #14 would not be used. You could just use a "T" bar type deal and some lift bars like the mower uses or if you wanted the blade to float, use chains to connect the lift arms to the blade.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone, at least i know how it attaches to the machine and what i have to do as far as fabrication, i want to use the 990 for cleanup after i plow out.:thanku:

·
Sparky
297 Posts
Does this look like a plow that would fit a 990? The gentleman selling it estimated it to be around 5'.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sure looks as though it would work, you might have do a mod here there, but looks like a great start, if the price is right.

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
You might be able to make it fit, but it's not made for a 990. The rear and center mounting point is different. If you look at blacksmithman's diagram you'll notice the difference. The 990 blade is 54" wide.

Rich

·
Sparky
297 Posts
Thanks sammy, I knew that the drawings didnt quite match up. I still might pick it up for the $20 the seller wanted. I have paid more for things to sit and take up shed space.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
$20 it's worth more than that in scap.

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
$20?? Jimmy, where do you find these buys? Mine cost me $100, and I had to drive 3 1/2 hours each way to pick it up!

It won't fit like one made for the 990, but you can make it fit with a few additiona here and there. Good buy!

Rich

·
Sparky
297 Posts
I find most of these buys when I am not looking for them. My wife finds my 'finds' as a junk collection. I would never cheat on my wife, but I have been known to leave work early to sneak a new toy into the shed while she's at work. Anyone else have that problem?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts