9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background;

New Predator(JD brand) blades,
level side to side,
new belt,
spindles turn freely,

Problem:

Three seperate cut paths. Not uniform cut. Looks like I push mowed 3 rows.

Suggestions? :banghead3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Background;

New Predator(JD brand) blades,
level side to side,
new belt,
spindles turn freely,

Problem:

Three seperate cut paths. Not uniform cut. Looks like I push mowed 3 rows.

Suggestions? :banghead3

Can you be more precise? That comparison will be interpreted differently by everyone and is not very descriptive.

Does the center blade look to be cutting grass longer or shorter than the outside blades? Are all three blades cutting at different heights?

What do you observe when making two side by side passes in the same direction? How about when the two passes are in different directions?

There was someone last week that had a replacement spindle that was different in size from the original.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Can you be more precise? That comparison will be interpreted differently by everyone and is not very descriptive.

Does the center blade look to be cutting grass longer or shorter than the outside blades? Are all three blades cutting at different heights?

What do you observe when making two side by side passes in the same direction? How about when the two passes are in different directions?

There was someone last week that had a replacement spindle that was different in size from the original.
Never thought of that, good point. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
32,617 Posts
We also had a guy who had just done a rebuild of his mower deck and the JD dealer didn't press the bearing in all the way on one spindle and got the same result! Have you had any other work done to it recently?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts