My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dump truck is in the shop. I had a problem with the idle being all over the place. It turned out that the injector pump took a dump. The truck has almost 100,000 on it and they are hard working miles. This is the second problem I have had with this truck. The first was the pilot bearing let go taking the clutch, pressure plate, and throw out with it. This repair was a bit beyond my capibilities as I did not have the meter to sync the timing on the new pump.
The pump cost me $625.00 plus $100.00 core deposit and the mechanic charged me $200.00 for all his work. This I think is more then fair considering the dealer wanted $1,500.00 for the job. My plan is to buy a new truck, something a bit larger then this one, but I had to have this truck fixed at any rate.
My business has suffered some as I can not move my equipment around without the truck. So now I get back at it and make the money back. In the morning I will pick it up and let you guys know how it runs.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old girl is running again. I picked it up this morning and it was a bit sluggish but the fuel has been in it for about six months. Went and filled it up and ran down the road maybe twenty miles and it is running sweet. Added some Howe's conditioner to it and the filters are all fresh, so I hope for a trouble free summer, at least I have my fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts