My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 955 with a 70A loader. I would like to add a snow blower and 72" mid mount mower attachments in the near future.
As this series tractor is over two decades old with sacristy of front lower frame mounts available I was wondering if anyone would be able to send me a tracing of the flat metal parts. I believe there are two different size mounts that attach to assist in securing the attachments. I have a metal shop and have built various trailers, attachments, and a metal cab in the past. With surplus flat metal and some form of accurate size part tracing I believe I could make the mounts.
Thanks to anyone who could assist in supplying a paper traced pattern .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
The 955 has a mmm 72" mount and a front 59" snowblower front transfer housing. The Snowblower housing can mount the 72" mmm as well, meaning you would only need the snowblower for both. The transfer housing mounts under/just forward of the front axle. There is a simple bearing mounted spindle that receives the long PTO shaft from the mid PTO and mounts into the rear of the transfer spindle. The 59 " blower has a short PTO that connects to the spindle in the front.
Blower housing 59.jpg
IMG_6352.JPG
Rear view Blower housing 59.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maineuropa;
All I need is a copy ( paper or cardboard ) of the side plate that has the bolts attached . I would reimburse you for your time and trouble. The rest I can fabricate along with a drive shaft. A paper tracing showing the actual size and measured ( close ) location of the attaching holes. None of the decks I have looked at have this bracket and it is not available from Deere. Besides fabricating is a lot more fun when results mimic the expensive original / functional design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts