My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
1980 Plymouth Arrow Pickup (read Mighty Max).
I would love to get my hands on a 77-78 Mitzu/dodge challenger or a 77-78 colt wagon.

Reactions: Vigo

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
better have the zip up boots and bellbottoms to go with em to be fully authentic , heheh
Oh, I see a funny guy. LOL............... :ROFLMAO:
I'd drop a built 318 in one of those Challengers with a built 727. ;)
A friend of mine bought a Merc 5cyl diesel from me and dropped it in a Dodge W50 with the trans, made driveshafts for the divorced T-case and he can't keep engine mounts in it because it had so much torque.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Merc 5cyl diesel from me and dropped it in a Dodge W50 with the trans, made driveshafts for the divorced T-case and he can't keep engine mounts in it because it had so much torque.
The right year of 3.9 and 518 would make a better combination. Forty more ponies than a 318 and overdrive. Also less weight.

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have been contemplating ditching the gutless 360 and going directly to the 440. Gas mileage may even do up.
Fastest car I ever owned had a 360 in it. Was transplanted from a Fury into the 66 Satellite.

As for the Mitsubishi this title is about, I finally figured out a way to check the code being thrown by the check engine light. 02 sensor. Next question is, what do yall think about buying one on Ebay for about half or less than the parts house? Actually, even less than half cause most of them are for both upstream and down sensors where the ones at the parts house is only the upstream one. BUT!!! are they likely to be worth a dern?

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
I have been contemplating ditching the gutless 360 and going directly to the 440. Gas mileage may even do up.
I get 15 out of my 360 in my W250 loaded with tools, got 18 out of my 3.9 empty, I had a 400 in a 77 maxivan I got 9 no matter what I was hauling. I get 15 out of my 93 Cummins no matter what with 1000k of tools and a cap on it.
Had a guy I knew that had a 440 in a crew cab with a 440 with a stock "camper turbo" that was getting 12 and could smoke the tires in 2nd gear while hauling 10K.

Fastest car I ever owned had a 360 in it. Was transplanted from a Fury into the 66 Satellite.

As for the Mitsubishi this title is about, I finally figured out a way to check the code being thrown by the check engine light. 02 sensor. Next question is, what do yall think about buying one on Ebay for about half or less than the parts house? Actually, even less than half cause most of them are for both upstream and down sensors where the ones at the parts house is only the upstream one. BUT!!! are they likely to be worth a dern?
I would go for name brand only because I wouldn't want to do the same job again.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I get 15 out of my 360 in my W250 loaded with tools, got 18 out of my 3.9 empty, I had a 400 in a 77 maxivan I got 9 no matter what I was hauling. I get 15 out of my 93 Cummins no matter what with 1000k of tools and a cap on it.
Had a guy I knew that had a 440 in a crew cab with a 440 with a stock "camper turbo" that was getting 12 and could smoke the tires in 2nd gear while hauling 10K.

I would go for name brand only because I wouldn't want to do the same job again.
That makes gobs of sense.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
My 360 does good to get 8 no matter if pulling or not. I can only imagine what it is getting when the fuel pressure drops to 0 in hills while pulling a load. Yes you read that right fuel pressure. 4.5 psi at idle and 0 under load. That is with the OEM replacement pump. Someone was not thinking when they designed this one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm just yanking your chain , that would be a beast of a car , couldn't keep it on the road I'm sure . you don't have anymore of those Benz 300d engines around do ya ? I been looking for one . yes they have some torque , especially the turbo versions.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I still want a 93-94 dodge d150 van with a 318 in it , they race those things in Japan. I'd probably paint it up like the A Team van .. as mr.t said " my van is fast fool " bahahah

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 360 does good to get 8 no matter if pulling or not. I can only imagine what it is getting when the fuel pressure drops to 0 in hills while pulling a load. Yes you read that right fuel pressure. 4.5 psi at idle and 0 under load. That is with the OEM replacement pump. Someone was not thinking when they designed this one.
I used to have a jeep grand Cherokee with a 5.2 mag in it . when you romped on it you could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping . it was a heck of a sleeper though, full time awd package and it ate mustangs for breakfast . it didn't spin tires, just hooked up and go'd . it was fun . but yea I think about 8 mpg if you kept your foot out of it .

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
I'm just yanking your chain , that would be a beast of a car , couldn't keep it on the road I'm sure . you don't have anymore of those Benz 300d engines around do ya ? I been looking for one . yes they have some torque , especially the turbo versions.
Actually I do have one out back in a 300D wagon turbo. It runs and drives but there are too many gremlins in the elec and the heat system. 27mpg loaded with tools on the highway at 70mph.
The same guy that bought the other engine wants it.

I see you are from TN we just took a Harley ride down to the smokey mountains 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Actually I do have one out back in a 300D wagon turbo. It runs and drives but there are too many gremlins in the elec and the heat system. 27mpg loaded with tools on the highway at 70mph.
The same guy that bought the other engine wants it.

I see you are from TN we just took a Harley ride down to the smokey mountains 3 weeks ago.
those diesels are getting rare since idiots run frygrease through em and it burns up the pumps . I'm building a home made tractor in the future and that's my ideal engine . ze Germans make their plastic from biodegradable sources ( soybean and peanut oil ) so they start breaking down fast and rodents find it irresistible to munch on also . hence, older german cars always have electrical problems . cool bike , I don't ride anymore except dirt bikes.. lucky to be alive considering all the morons on the road anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
those diesels are getting rare since idiots run frygrease through em and it burns up the pumps . I'm building a home made tractor in the future and that's my ideal engine . ze Germans make their plastic from biodegradable sources ( soybean and peanut oil ) so they start breaking down fast and rodents find it irresistible to munch on also . hence, older german cars always have electrical problems . cool bike , I don't ride anymore except dirt bikes.. lucky to be alive considering all the morons on the road anymore.
That will be a new one for the fuel engineers. Rodent repellant bio-fuels.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Im an ASE Master Tech and a mitsubishi fan. I have a few mitsubishi vehicles, although some are projects that havent been started on yet. Running: 87 Montero, 02 Diamante. Not yet: 97 3000gt, 1980 Plymouth Arrow Pickup (read Mighty Max).

I've also had the 3.0 Sohc v6 in several FWD dodges including a Dodge Dynasty that I converted to a manual trans. I even have two different styles of rare custom-made turbo manifolds for 3.0s in Dodges.

All this to say, you shall not take the Crazy Crown from me!! lol
I had a 79 Challenger with the 2.6 hemi? It would run like a scalded dog, until it wouldnt and from then on it couldnt pull a greasy string out of a cats hind quarters. I also had a 83 Dodge mini truck, dont remember what it was called. I transplanted the 2.6 crate engine into it that I had previously put in the Challenger. Made a good little truck but still no power. This current Mitsu only has 88000 original miles on it and seems to have a lot of potential for power if I can ever get it completely tuned.

I never knew that tuning a more modern car, if you can call a 93 model more modern, included so many switches and valves. I had already replaced the MAF sensor, and then the idle air control sensor, both made marked differences in the performance and fuel economy, I am hoping this 02 sensor finishes it up, when I looked online at what a bad 02 sensor would do, it was like they were describing exactly what this one is doing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a 79 Challenger with the 2.6 hemi? It would run like a scalded dog, until it wouldnt and from then on it couldnt pull a greasy string out of a cats hind quarters. I also had a 83 Dodge mini truck, dont remember what it was called. I transplanted the 2.6 crate engine into it that I had previously put in the Challenger. Made a good little truck but still no power. This current Mitsu only has 88000 original miles on it and seems to have a lot of potential for power if I can ever get it completely tuned.

I never knew that tuning a more modern car, if you can call a 93 model more modern, included so many switches and valves. I had already replaced the MAF sensor, and then the idle air control sensor, both made marked differences in the performance and fuel economy, I am hoping this 02 sensor finishes it up, when I looked online at what a bad 02 sensor would do, it was like they were describing exactly what this one is doing.
was the code you pulled for the upstream,downstream or both 02 sensors? cod also have a melted down cat . a vacuum snap test would verify if or if not . if you disconnect the problematic o2 sensor with it running does it smooth out ? have you checked voltage outputs from the sensor or input voltage ( if it's a heated type ) ? those things arnt cheap just to be guessing .

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
I will have to check my collection of manuals. It's a possibility the a original factory manual maybe just lying around.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts