My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
I love the looks of that one , I have wondered about a woods belly mower , I hear pro`s and con`s.
The biggest Con. about it is the dirt it blows up !!??
What do y`all think ?? For show ,, I think it`s a winner,, Thanks Ken

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drbailey said:
I love the looks of that one , I have wondered about a woods belly mower , I hear pro`s and con`s.
The biggest Con. about it is the dirt it blows up !!??
What do y`all think ?? For show ,, I think it`s a winner,, Thanks Ken
He says it slips on wet grass!! Look at the hill he is mowing!

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Thats the only 8N that i have ever seen a belly mower on and i have to say it looks cool.

·
Super Moderator
31,822 Posts
They had two VERY tired, and VERY abused 9N's at an auction I went to a month or so ago with belly mowers on them. I did not get to hang around to see what they went for though, I was feel pretty sick, and should not have gone in the first place.

I hear the worst part of these mowers is the time it takes to install it. You are talking HOURS!. Not something you just want to "pop on for an afternoon of mowing"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
I hear the worst part of these mowers is the time it takes to install it. You are talking HOURS!. Not something you just want to "pop on for an afternoon of mowing"
Take the mower off! Now that's just plain silly... get another tractor! Maybe that's why I have 24. :trink39:

I think John's mower is too small... mine are 6'. I have met John and seen his work close up... he's an artist!

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
I was just out looking around Smith's site...interesting what people have created with their Ford N's...everything from a spray rig to a corn detasseler.

You gotta hand it to farmers, take what you have and improvise:congrats:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts