My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I'm trying to find out what parts are common to both the 855 & 955. Such as, front end sheet metal, hood, transmission, etc. etc.

I'm looking at an incomplete 955 and am wondering if I can use parts from an 855 to complete it, or if I'll need to find the missing parts from another 955.

Any info helps...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think you will find almost everything besides engine and wheels and tires to be interchangeable. There are some serial number breaks that has some variables(mostly fuel tank location)but they are very similar. The hoods are same part number and the hydro is the same. Some possible gear ratio differences in transaxle, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if the axles are the same? I mean same weight carrying capacity... just possibly different ratio like you mentioned?

Thanks... the information is useful, please keep it coming.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so much of an interchangability question as just a general question.... is the 3PH on the 855/955 Cat 1 or Cat 0?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The easiest and most accurate way to tell what parts are in common is to go to jdparts.com. One the left hand side, click search the parts catalog and go from there.
Good luck.

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts