My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The commercial catcher that I used to think was never to be seen other than in pictures arrived the other day. Unfortunately I SOLD my 6211 4 square commercial because it just sat in the shed unused for over a year... The catcher fits my 8480 and the 8125 though. It just looks really cool on the mower! I'm not afraid to get the bag dirty either as I also bought a replacement bag for it. If I ever sell it to another nut, errrr, collector, I'll be able to restore it to new again.

In the pictures I had seen of them I never could figure out why the one side looked different. It's because the one side of the bag is actually metal window screen! Of all the weird things... Guess they did that for better air flow? The rear of the catcher opens up via the latch and is hinged.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
That is cool! unique looking mower for sure

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
es_bob, you better like the mower, you know it well! It's a weird machine for sure, but unique. Not too comfortable to operate really but i do use it every 4 to 6 weeks or so!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i came close to buying one brand new back in the mid 80,s. the lack of throttle controland the plastic carb were deal breakers. i like the 4 square body and wish lawnboy had offered more models like this . never cared for the staggered deck as you cant trim but on one side. yours is an execlent example of this rare model. only seen one of these bags.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
es_bob, you better like the mower, you know it well! It's a weird machine for sure, but unique. Not too comfortable to operate really but i do use it every 4 to 6 weeks or so!
;) I like the self propel drive on that much better than the handle that folds forward like on my commercial 4 square. That's almost like a very early personal pace.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
;) I like the self propel drive on that much better than the handle that folds forward like on my commercial 4 square. That's almost like a very early personal pace.
Are you possibly selling your commercial SP 4 square? Assuming it's in good shape... I have the residential version (8125) but have always wanted to find the commercial. I don't mind the handle really, wouldn't want to use it every day, but for my lawn it's better than pushing!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thats not the same bag my 8480 has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts