My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I separate the wheel mount from the height adjuster. I looked in manuals at lawnboy.com but there was no instructions on removal. Also I was wondering what type of grease to use. I have some amsoil synthetic racing grease I was going to try but would this hurt the internal clutches in the trans?

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
I don't think that they can be separated. (at least not conventionally)

I have a pair of those in my trailer destined to the dump. If you want them and the tranny and that long "L" shaped handle, let me know. I recall it was all one piece. The tranny height adjusters and handle all mingled together. It was weird.

I use lubriplate red "standard" for all my zeks in all my equipment. It gets "wet" and coats well. Nothing fancy here, I just use what works and is relatively inexpensive.

Neal

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the bushing in the middle is replaceable, I can still get the part. There's just no instructions on how to fix it. This one the wheel mount is wobbly at the connection to the height adjuster. I have a complete axle set also. Hang onto it for a few more weeks for my sake until I can make sure that I can get this going with what I have.

Thanks indy!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Well the bushing in the middle is replaceable, I can still get the part. There's just no instructions on how to fix it. This one the wheel mount is wobbly at the connection to the height adjuster. I have a complete axle set also. Hang onto it for a few more weeks for my sake until I can make sure that I can get this going with what I have.

Thanks indy!
I'll save them back for you if you feel you need them later.

Neal

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indy, I just checked and the adjusters are different between the commercial and the 8481.

The main difference is the 8453 is longer (6.5" est)and does not have an angle adjustment for the handle
The 8481 is about 5"est in length.

I did get the bushings out and swapped them. The 8453 bushing came out in pieces. I could not seperate the height adjuster and wheel mount. I can fix the play in the 8453 wheel by tack welding the press fitting on the back of the height adjuster. Ithink I can still get the height adjuster so I'll probably order a spare just to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts