My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into the local STIHL parts dealer to pick up some parts. I asked if they had any LB's that had F engines I could buy.
The owner/mechanic said......no but I have a few you can have out back. Take a look.

I only took the 8350......I kinda like it and might try to keep it as it is....and not use the engine to make my 10520.....

I love the look.....and capstan would be my first. Its missing the capstand roller on the letft drive wheel and possibly more.

I will look into it more over the weekend probably. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Nice find!!

Just wanted to let you know you will not be able to hook up the sp for the 10520 if you use this engine.

What kind of truck do you have?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the crank not the correct lenght?

86 Jeep Comanche Custom.....2.5......auto........215K and still leaking, lol.

Its a winter beater. I am a city worker and in the winter we're out before the streets are cleared, so it gets me there and back. I love it cause I just don't care about it.......

Our snows are nonthing like your snows or minnesota's, but we do get a lot of freezing problems......and it seems people get more stupid every year.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was at a friends house.
Here it is in all it's beauty, lol.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Hey as long as it gets you there and back thats what matters. Nice truck

As for the crank. No they are the same lenght its just that since that is capstan drive it has a gear on the crankshaft so you cant mount the pully for the 10520 tranny belt

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I press off the gear......or remove it? Is it cast or cut (oh god) as part of the crank......

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read the manual on Self propelled capstan setusp....I see they are way more difficult....and non swappable unless I do some major swap on the block........

So it stays as is and I will see if I can get it running.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Excellent tires you have on that truck...

Back to the mower though, great find. Those little JCPenney style tanks in good shape are hard to find. If you need parts for it I have rollers and just about everything else for that mower.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it running today. Runs really well.......similar to my 10515 .....super strong......might need a new blade. Seems a bit unbalanced.....but did cut the driveway well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts