My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ding ding, picked up the air quotes bearings thursday. Just got around to installing today
DSC01857.JPG

DSC01858.JPG

DSC01861.JPG
Actually changed 2 one for this tractor and the other one I pulled off that was junk as well, from the 82 8163-B
DSC01868.JPG
Installed with a new lock nut
DSC01873.JPG
Took the old girl out for a spin
DSC01878.JPG
Didn't take the camera out with me later today. But alot of details done, battery put in better for less bulge in the hood, air cleaner installed. It plugged the fuel filter on the test drive. Changed that
DSC01879.JPG

Happy Birthday gift to myself was getting this running and driveing :D

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
air cleaner set up installed
DSC01884.JPG
I unstuck the clutch rollers, and tightened up other worn areas
DSC01885.JPG
Then to break her in
DSC01888.JPG
We be rolling they hating :D Worked great till a piece of dirt got under the needle again and started flooding. ugh
DSC01891.JPG
Both my screaming B's are in the shop. 818-T is getting some over due going over and upgrades ahead of pa plow day prep
DSC01894.JPG
Also walked out side a few hours later after the test drive, and totally forgot to pick up the tri pod lol

DSC01900.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Decided to bite the bullet and do the one final test for the 79 8163-T project. Pto test. Looks saying it could go either way. Put on the deck that came with my 817. And just held my breath
DSC02150.JPG
Seems to work ok with just a light load thus far. Time will tell if I need to open the trans or not. Otherwise everything is working good. Did switch in a battery that can stay. Cleaned carb again. still need to get a shift plate
DSC02152.JPG
3 all reds
DSC02155.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Putting the deck on and testing it out :D

So since this I have decided to nikki swap this or put the p series carb and air cleaner on. I have got tired of the flood one moment, lean the next. shut it off after running great and on a restart could go either way. Only fix is take off carb top blow out seat. Put back on will run great for a time. Same as my 818-T was. Will be getting the same treatment as the 818-T. Hopefully will turn into a very similar beast.

Did use it one afternoon mowing. And just loved useing it. also found out key switch is spotty at putting 12 volt to the voltage regulator. will have to change that one day too

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Steve is that a Marvin-Shebler (spelling I know) carb on there? We're about to resurrect a tractor with an Onan B43 I think and last time we had it running we had all kinds of similar flooding/lean problems. What's the Nikkei carb that fits? Nice work!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Oh BTW I have a shift plate I'll be glad to send you if you don't have one laying around...pretty sure you do!

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh BTW I have a shift plate I'll be glad to send you if you don't have one laying around...pretty sure you do!
Opps guess I never updated this thread lol

Anyhow it is basically done except an air filter and oil filter.

So before carb swap
DSC02173.JPG
During old vs new on bench
DSC02175.JPG

DSC02176.JPG
Nikki on
DSC02181.JPG
Second round of parts came in. air filter houseing for nikki and shift plate
DSC02190.JPG
Shift plate installed, and pto adjusted
DSC02194.JPG
Nikki and plumbing done with a briggs style pulse pump
DSC02195.JPG
So air filter setup, breather hole was on the wrong side. Since I couldn't strech the hose. I moved the hole with a 3/4 hole saw
DSC02197.JPG
After swap
DSC02201.JPG
Out tearing up the yard
DSC02209.JPG

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nifty! So what's the model number for that Nikki carb? Do I need a different intake? I was thinking about putting on an electric fuel pump just because this is a friend of mine's rig and he would like it. Might still do an impulse pump but just playing around with ideas. Have you put an electric pump on any of your 4 wheelers?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts