My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgot to mention in the post with pics that the PO quit using this one because it "all of a sudden went into reverse" as he was driving forward. I didn't press him too much on specifics because he didn't have any...:dunno:

He says it wouldn't come out of reverse or something like that so they parked it. It rolled freely today in both directions, the direction lever worked OK so I'm curious what I'll find when I look more closely.

Found this thread but don't know what the "reverse actuating arm bearing" is.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=219211

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Check the bearing on the rev clutch. Dad has a 812 that had the rev clutch bearing going bad and as the bearing would lock up it would engage the rev clutch. When the hand control lever was in netural it would try to go backwards if it was in forward the tractor would jerk to a stop. The bearing would then pop loose and would be fine till it locked up again. When I figured out what was happening my friend's son drove it into the garage for me. It lock up just as he got it in and slid the tires on the concrete then it popped loose again and just about popped a wheelie. It was bucking him around like a bull. Jason

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
+1 on the clutch bearing. If you are lucky that is all that is wrong.

My advice is to replace both bearings (6208?) on both clutches and if the lining is more than 1/2 worn, replace the lining too.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fellas.

You're right richard, NTN is a 6208LLUC3/L627
80mm D
40mm d
18mm B

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the bearing seems ok but the totally mangled reverse clutch assembly looks like the real problem. The rollers are all wallered out, the outside plate and the cam side have gouges and waves ground in them from the wandering rollers. Or maybe the pto that is flopping around in the front of the trans munched something inside. I am counting on the engine and front drive kit and adapter to make it worth the $300 i paid

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts