1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
Got it. Usually I'm not fast enough to grab these things, but on this one I was. The poor guy said his phone was ringing off the hook, from folks all over the eastern US.

Looks new, or nearly so. My 812 is getting better bit by bit.

On another topic, I scored a mixed bag of L parts, including a decent pierce governor. But this one's wierd; instead of the usual flanged pulley, it's got this sort of drum arrangement, with about 1/4" thick rubber on the outside edge, which is flat. It seems like it ought to work ok, but I'd never seen one like that. Was this another gravely-ism, or did somebody do it themselves?

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
The pulley on the governor looks like the reverse disc off of a Troy-Bilt Horse tiller. I'll bet that was make due in a pinch setup and not stock.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Some governors had riubber on the pulley on Gravelys but I think they all still retained a grooved pulley.

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
Some governors had riubber on the pulley on Gravelys but I think they all still retained a grooved pulley.
You mean like a standard grooved pulley, just with a rubber tire on it?

That's not what this is. It seems be a single piece of metal formed into a disk with a flange all on one side. And rubber over that. It may be a casting. Appears to be held onto the shaft with an allen-head setscrew. I'll try to clean it up and get a better picture.

It doesn't have the look of a homemade kludge, but doesn't look like anything else I've seen on an L. Maybe their subs did mix and match and made stuff up on the fly as much as gravely did :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts