My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this 446 on the weekend, no attachments included but it has the hydraulics and sleeve hitch for a tiller. Had it fired up and moving under its own power but it may have a fuel pump issue. Seat is completely rotten and the bodywork has a few dings, rear tires are in pretty good shape. It was part of a $120 package deal including an old two wheeled tractor.

Might be hard to flip without attachments so I dont have a plan for it just yet.

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had it fired up again today and it will stay running with the choke pulled so Im thinking the fuel pump is probably ok and it may just need a good carb cleaning. Doesnt really run well enough for a proper test drive but I can move it around in the shop. The seat cover, pad, and frame are all rotten so I pulled that off and thru it in the trash. The hydro lift is working but not connected to anything, it does have a sleeve hitch but it has a bolt going thru the trailer ball hole... and although sticky the tiller valve does seem to be working... all good so far ;)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nicest thing about these big wheel Case tractors is the ride, long wheelbase and 30" rears make them very smooth compared to most GTs... this is the 5th big wheel Ive had, 2nd 446, I like them well enough but they dont make very good pullers so Ive never been tempted to keep one.... but ya never know... the older I get the more I appreciate a soft ride.Lol

and it wouldnt take much to give it a Cockshutt themed paint...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Tractor

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
With a cast iron grill you wouldn't need weights.
My uncle has a hood from à 930 Case with Ole Abe on the front. Our local body man said he could fit it on my 446.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I took the top of the carb off today and cleaned what I could... looks like the manifold has to come off to get any futher access..... it isnt prefect but it is getting better and I was able to take a little test drive with it finally.... only issue was that the hydro control stick doesnt always stay where I put it... it can jump back to the neutral position very easily... but the hy-drive system itself seems to work fine. One rear tire has a slow leak thru cracks in between the treads so some tubes are needed. Headlight lenses are plastic and half melted I assume from the exhaust heat.

So there is a few minor issues to look after but it runs and drives. Happy Happy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts