My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I saw this go by earlier, but I can't find it now, and it looks like I didn't put it in my cross-reference sheet: who has a second source for the woodruff keys used on 800 (straight) rider axles?

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,516 Posts
If you can get me the size I might even have them in stock, John. If not, I can probably get them pretty reasonable as I purchase thousands a year. Just an option :howdy:

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I believe this is a Gravely only part. The woodruff key 127 is NOT correct the length and height match but the arc is way off. I ordered some 127 keys and not even close to working. As you can see from this pic a 127 is almost a half a circle.
. Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason, correct, it's not the usual profile for a woodruff key; the diameter is 2-1/8 but the height is something like 1/2.

I could have sworn I saw references to other sources for them, I just can't find them now.

I left voicemail for Richard's yesterday, I should probably just call them again. I'd still like to find another source, though.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,516 Posts
I'm checking my source :dunno:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,516 Posts
I believe this is a Gravely only part. The woodruff key 127 is NOT correct the length and height match but the arc is way off. I ordered some 127 keys and not even close to working. As you can see from this pic a 127 is almost a half a circle.
. Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could it be a stock key was milled down, Jason?

Edit: as in a flat back type

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The radius is way off the Gravely key is (just guessing) 6" dia.

I got a bag of 50 of those worthless 127 keys I would gladly find a home for!!!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I got a couple of sets from a friend of mine and they matched the old ones perfectly. I believe he said he sourced them through a GM part number. The key is for the harmonic balancer. He didn't give me a year though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tyrtrx, are those axles soft enough to use a hi speed steel key cutter to touch up a damaged key way or to cut another in a standard size? Ruben

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The radius is way off the Gravely key is (just guessing) 6" dia.
Actually, I think it's correct. I drew a 2-1/8 circle and set one of those keys in it. It fit perfectly.

It looks bigger than that because it's a shallow chord across the circle.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What for??? They are not correct.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I sure would buy a few if one ever is made available somewhere. No way a part like that should remain a Gravely only source.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sure would buy a few if one ever is made available somewhere. No way a part like that should remain a Gravely only source.
Richard has them. My attempts to find a second source struck out.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
lol I thought maybe you came up with another use for the 127 keys that I hadn't thought of yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts