My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that on FB Marketplace this morning. What could be the use of a custom machine like that?

The guy says it's having two synchronized differentials, 11 HP 1 cylinder Briggs and asking 1400 Canadian Dollars (that's 1072 US as of today) and says it's a project to finish...

Attachments

·
21,375 Posts
- Flotation.

- Load carrying ability.

- An exercise in frustration.

- Too much spare time.

- An escape from she who rules the household.

Pick one, or as many as suit the situation.

The last one is good enough for me. :hide:

The engine size suggests that the transmissions are also of modest capability, so, not a heavy duty worker. More of a parade queen. Six wheel tractors have been a more popular build, but even they are rare. I don't recall seeing another eight wheeler.

·
1,777 Posts
It's clearly a stretch limo tractor.

Paint it glossy black and you can charge the kids double for the rides around the block. :kens:

·
Senior Moment
3,215 Posts

·
I break things
364 Posts
I considered doing 2 K72s in my tractor to make something like a gator/tractor. Likely would need more motor to power everything properly...but needless to say did not happen.

I dont like the dual front steering. That doubles the steering wear items and the steering radius is horrible. Good luck on keeping the alignment good so you dont get strange pulling.

Tudor's list is spot on. The owner of that must be an engineer.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I dont like the dual front steering. .
I'm here as well. The front tires would plow as the rear steer axle would have a smaller steering radius than the front. The front axle would need to have a lower/faster steering gear ratio than the rear steer axle. Nightmare setup.

Probably would have to cut the front axle loose and hope it would follow the turn.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In the end and when all is said and done, you have to be a special person to want to buy and take on a unfinished project that revolves around someone else’s vision and unknown quality of build and engineering. I wish him luck in finding that person and selling it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
this thing is down-right cool!....
Hey look - we all know it's "work hard - play hard".... this is part of the "play hard" mantra. All the prior posters belong to the "work hard" group, and all I gotta say is "bohhh ---- rrrriiiinnngggg"

have some fun folks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
this thing is down-right cool!....
Hey look - we all know it's "work hard - play hard".... this is part of the "play hard" mantra. All the prior posters belong to the "work hard" group, and all I gotta say is "bohhh ---- rrrriiiinnngggg"

have some fun folks!
Well, well, winner, winner chicken dinner, potential buyer here?????????

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Retired or fired Formula 1 McLaren Engineer, they ran four front wheels several years ago. Just couldn't get the concept out of his mind!

CCMoe

·
Super Moderator
10,933 Posts
The only *possible* use I could see for this would be as a road grader if you had a very long dirt, or stone driveway with a huge turn around area that needed to be leveled out from time to time.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
It's a Ford thing......
81 Posts
I agree with pretty much all of the reasons listed as far as why he did this but I would also add this, just because you can does not mean you should.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts