My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 8 ft brush mower that I have no clue about. The mower is a 2 pt, three gearbox, with a hydroponic cylinder in back to raze and lower. We bought it in April 2017 thinking that it was a woods ds96 (or something like that), but from what it seem, its not a woods. The gearbox cracked so I was wondering if there was any way to see what brand it is. The mower was repainted before we bought (when the seller bought he said that he repainted).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos

Attachments

·
1horse
315 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far We think the mower is a Woods 121-2 (or the gearboxes match). After pulling the gearbox (right) that is cooked, it might be junk if we can't get the sleeve (seized in the gearbox, part #19) out, were going to take heat to it. In the other gearbox (left), the bearing (part #16) seemed worned out.

We think this is the model mower or gearbox
Woods 121-2 Multi-Spindle (1990-) Parts Diagrams

Pictures will be coming after.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures of the right gearbox

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left gearbox

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe what you have there is a semi-mount 2080 Woods, I have one of these and am looking for a replacement gearbox. The gearbox is a W32399.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I end up getting a woods 208 from an auction and have used this one for a spare. I’m assuming what killed the first one is that the bolt that keeps the bar on loosened causing the oil to come out, then it self-destructed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts