My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 SLTX1050 has the usual tendency to blow el-cheapo 25W 1156 headlight bulbs. Both of the stock ones blew in the first hour of mowing.

I thought I had read here that someone was using #796 halogen bulbs, but now I can't seem to find the thread. At any rate, I put some in today and mowed. Though the box warns against using them in plastic sockets, they didn't melt the sockets. I've got a pair of sockets on order just in case. The 796 bulbs are 35W, and they're a bit brighter and white than the 25W 1156 bulbs. Obviously they draw more current (2.7 amps versus 1.9 amps), but I like them.

I don't intend to keep the headlights in DRL mode like stock. I have no reason to have them on in bright sunlight. I drilled the hole for my new headlight button today, but didn't take any pictures. I'll post pictures when I get the new label panels this week (black anodized aluminum, text label is engraved and filled yellow). Button is an industrial latching pushbutton; black surround, yellow plunger, red LED. It will just activate a 20A sealed relay. Ditto for a second button and relay that I'm installing for a Spal electric fan on the hydro (so I can cool it whenever I want, and not at the mercy of engine RPM). Third and fourth buttons are being installed for rear work light and snowthrower lights.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts