My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

My 782 has about 1050 hours, and has seen hard use for most of theose hours. I bought it at hour 1041.
I fixed the loose steering with a used replacement steering box from Joe's Outdoor Power - I had to replace as mine had a hole worn thru- looked like a driveshaft got loose and flogged a hole in it sometime in the past. Easy repair.

The hydrostatic had the jumpy woes - slows uphill, speeds up downhill, can't find stop. The problem turned out not to be the trunnion, which was gorgeous (and I suspect a replacement hydrostatic?) , but the cam plate was all worn down and flopping on the trunnion shaft, and the pin that drives it form the control plate was worn thin, so you could move the control arm all over the place and not actually move the trunnion. I also replaced the springs, which were clearly very floppy, as the new ones had to be compressed a bit to fit them in.

Anyway- it drives a bazillion times better than ever. Thanks to all the good folks here who told me how to do it.... oh.... about a year ago. You know who you are.

best,

BIll

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hmm.Im surprised those hydros are tough! Any idea what caused it? I also have a 782. What did u use as transmission oil? Will hydrolic oil work? Thanu, Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts